Sign in to follow this  

Motorcycle parts on Amazon...

I have to relay this experience.  I'm a regular Amazon user for all kinds of stuff, but I normally don't think of Amazon when I need motorcycle parts.  This past Saturday I was test riding my new-to-me YZ 125, and when I got home in the late afternoon I decided  should replace the top-end.  I saw that Amazon had Weisco top-end kits for a few dollars cheaper that the usual online retailers I normally use.  The description was not completely clear, but since it was "prime", I figured I would just return it if it was not the right kit.  So I ordered it late Saturday afternoon.  On Monday at work I got an email at 10 am indicating it had already been delivered!  Sure enough, it was on the doorstep when I got home, and I installed it and heat cycled the bike Monday night.  You can't beat that for service--piston kit delivered in under 48 hours at a bargain price.  I'm going to have to look to Amazon for more motorcycle parts in the future.          

• Like 1

Amazon and eBay is a very reliable source in my opinion for parts like that and stickers, exhaust, grips, bars, bolt kits, carb hoses, mainly anything simple and little can be found on those sights. I got a brand new Dr.D full carbon fiber exhaust system for my kx250f (retail 980$) for 450$ brad new in the box with 2 day shipping lots of good prices to be found if you look around +1 for Amazon and eBay

Yz125

Kx250f

amazon is a great site or a lot. ebay is good but amazon is PRIME hahaha

I am Laughing at that one... thats a good catch phrase im gonna go sell it to amazon

• Like 1

Same for me, whenever I need a single item and quick I have been going Amazon. Needed a front fork rebuild from Pivot Works and went and grabbed one and like your order, two days later it arrived!

Got my Kali a couple weeks ago too.

Rest of the time I get gear from a couple stores and get my parts locally.

• Like 1

Yeah I know it's sad, but if I need something quick I'll turn to amazon. The parts are supplied straight from the companies anyway, just sold through amazon... I have prime so I can get something shipped in 1 day for $3.99 or whatever it is.

While I agree, you still need to pay attention to which vendor you use. Like ebay, there are plenty of crappy experiences happening. I posted this in the suzuki 2t forum but i think its also good info for this topic. I bought a hinson clutch cover from Lytle Racing Group on amazon(i used them before on ebay). After the purchase i was told it would be 4 weeks before they had one and offered me $20 off the $139 price if I was willing to wait. (retail is $159) Well here we are a bit over 4 weeks later and I get an email yesterday stating hinson pushed the release date to June 1st. They also offered to ship me a boysen cover for free so I can ride while(the original cover is cracked and leaks) I wait for hinson to make more. Lytle Racing rocks!!!!

Edited by paddymotodaddy