Sign in to follow this  

Supermoto 357

I am having a hell of a time going from my sport bike to my DRZ. I have no problem going from the DRZ to my sport bike but sport bike to DRZ I feel like crap. I am still able to run in the A group so I am not dog slow but I am struggling.

I decided to buy the DVD Supermoto 357 to see if it could give me some pointers in the foot out style.

The video is good but does not go to deep in to any of the topics. He does cover common rider issues, bike setup, body position, gear and so on. I say it was worth it.

As for my issues it did not help.

I think I am going to give in and just ride the DRZ sport bike style instead of foot out style.

do you ride small kart tracks or big road courses, everyone i know rides hanging off as oppose to sticking their foot out but thats on a big track

not me but i love watching the motard class http://photos.otmpix.com/p143964425/h61672700#h61672700

I do both, one is a small motard track the others are bigger tracks.

I keep being told the foot out is the proper and fast way to ride a motard.

When I ride the DRZ super bike style I am fine but the foot out just jacks me up and screws my confidence.

I agree with Ryan.... foot out, up by the forks, for slower tight stuff (MX style) and foot on the pegs, hanging 1/2 an ass off for faster stuff (superbike style).  With the lean angles a supermoto is capable of you want your knee out to limit the lean angle and keep the meat of the tire in contact wit the track

I am trying but progress is slow and kind of disheartening.

I may have to hit up a supermoto school and get some one on one help.

The schools did wonders for my sportbike skills.

I want to build a proper supermoto but my skills suck to much to be able to really use one.