xr400 usd conversion and aftermarket tanks

hey folks

seems the wife and i may have a chance to move to n/w western australia for a bit... i d be in for a bigger gas tank... prolly the clarke tank... since my 97 xr4 has an emig stem / 2008 crf450 sticks does anyone know if i ll have any clearance issues... don t wanna drop 200 + on a new tank to find out that it won t work out perfect... has anyone done this mod ??

cheers

Pretty sure the Clarke will actually give you more clearance than the stock tank. Otherwise, an aftermarket lower triple that has bolts oriented in a different configuration than the stock triple is another way to gain more tank clearance

No, you don't understand, the bikes will have to go through ADR compliance through a RAW workshop which means it will need to have everything changed to Australian standards, tyres, lights, emissions, intake, exhaust.

My partner is from NJ & she has a CBR1000RR & we have been looking into importing it, door to door including all inspections & fees to NSW best price I could find was $5000.

I have five XR4's 2001 immaculate, plated cost me $1600, 1999 which had a damaged seat cost me $950 delivered from 1000k's away, 1998 model running for parts $400 two 1997 models bush bashers $800 & $500. Look around a bit more, they're there. Try 'Gumtree.com.au'

Look up ADR compliancing & RAW workshops, save yourself some headache

No, you don't understand, the bikes will have to go through ADR compliance through a RAW workshop which means it will need to have everything changed to Australian standards, tyres, lights, emissions, intake, exhaust.

My partner is from NJ & she has a CBR1000RR & we have been looking into importing it, door to door including all inspections & fees to NSW best price I could find was $5000.

I have five XR4's 2001 immaculate, plated cost me $1600, 1999 which had a damaged seat cost me $950 delivered from 1000k's away, 1998 model running for parts $400 two 1997 models bush bashers $800 & $500. Look around a bit more, they're there. Try 'Gumtree.com.au'

Look up ADR compliancing & RAW workshops, save yourself some headache

different situation here mate.... don t have time to explain at the moment but i ll drop you a PM later

cheers