Sign in to follow this  

Tire pressure for hard / rocky / sandy terrains?

Hello guys, i'm here to ride this terrain for a week and i'm wondering what kind of pressure to put on my MH3's. I'm on a cr250r 2007 with good suspension set up

I went with 1 bar on front & rear but was not satisfied with the result, and so i figured i'll ask before having my week of riding beeing about finding the right tire pressure;)

I'm used to muddy terrains...

thanks for your input.

When you're talking rocks and sand on the same ride it's all about compromise. If you run 8-10 lbs for sand you'll protect the tires by taking it easy on the rocks; if you run 13-15 for the rocks, you'll put up with a bit of squirrlyness in the sand. 

thanks guys!

i'll try to go ar 0,8 bar (11 psi) and see ho that works ;)

Tubliss enables you to run much lower pressure.. I run 1-2psi rear, 6-8psi front. You need desert tires with stiff sidewalls though. I ride rocks

Tubliss enables you to run much lower pressure.. I run 1-2psi rear, 6-8psi front. You need desert tires with stiff sidewalls though. I ride rocks

That's fine if you are doing slower going stuff.  On my tubliss set of wheels, if I run anything lower than 8-9psi in the back, I dent rims.  Run 11-12 psi fore and aft with UHD tubes and you should be fine for everything except fast pace rock bashing

What tires are you running? I rode 55mi of the Desert 100 completely flat until my wheel bearing blew out with a desert IT and no dents

I run the MH3's and ride in super rocky conditions. With good ultra HD tubes, I can do 12 front and 11 rear. One flat in the last 15 years... and that was from a rimlock that had the rubber come off, the alum wore a hole in the tube. But... I only go 165 lbs and ride light 2-strokes.