Honda XL350R (1984) carb problem above half-throttle

Last year I disassembled and separated my twin carbs to clean everything and see what jets the previous owner had in there. Although I wrote all this down, I don't have the info here right now. I machined a U-shaped jig to carefully adjust the float levels, which were not too far from spec. After carefully cleaning and reassembling everything (which went fine), I am having a problem with bogging when I open the throttle more than half-way. The bike runs great below half throttle. In searching this and other forums, I have seen people describe this problem, but not for my bike, and none of the posts had a definitive answer. So here are my questions:

1.) I understand that the second carb (on the right side as you sit on the bike) is the dominant carb above half throttle. Is this correct? If so, can I therefore isolate my problem to the right carb?

2.) We'll talk about dirty jets/carbs later. But assuming that a dirty carb/jet is NOT my problem, would it be possible that the problem is due to something being reassembled incorrectly? In other words, would the low-end work as well as it does if there were an assembly mistake on my part?

3.) Now let's talk about dirt. I think one of the other posts (not necessarily in this forum) in response to a similar symptom said that the problem is almost certainly a dirty jet. I plan to pull off the carbs tonight. Do you all agree with this as the explanation? If so, which specific jet should I focus on?

Thanks

The secondary carb is a regular carb with no pilot jet and that's about it

There is a mechanical linkage between the carbs. 

You really have to visually inspect the carbs opening to know the linkage is working correctly.

This is a real pain to do without removing the air box, or removing the carbs.

If you disassembled the carbs by separating them that is usually the problem

...other wise, the slide, needle, and main jet of the secondary carb shoud be inspected, as should the crossover pipe for fuel.