Sign in to follow this  

Looking for an alternative to carb boot clamps...

My OEM boot clamps are kinda beat and weak.  Has anyone found a solid alternative to replace these?  Seems like standard hose clamps are too wide and can often be weak also and strip out.  I wanna be able to apply a bit more torque to the bands.  O'Reilly and Home D have failed me.  Any tips?

Thanks. May see what my local fluid connector products store has to offer. Wanted to get it done this weekend.

Usually the problem is the screws they use.I replaced the Phillips head screws with Allen heads. Makes it much easy to tighten / loosen.

Usually the problem is the screws they use.I replaced the Phillips head screws with Allen heads. Makes it much easy to tighten / loosen.

I have done that. My airbox clamp is toast so, gonna need a new one there.

I had some extra KTM OEM clamps laying around that i just installed yesterday, much nicer fit and design.  They are not your standard hose clamp.  I believe the oem are marked with diameter...58.  The Ktm ones are adjustable and are marked so...50/70..  60/80.

Money! My local Motion and Flow store (hydraulic fittings, hoses, etc) had exactly what I was looking for. Stronger, more adjustable and nearly $10 cheaper than OEM. Even better...didn't have to wait a week to get them!

1399076795701.jpg

Edited by DJCDRZ
  • Like 1