engineereskimo

200X engine

Im looking to try to set a XR200R motor into a 85 200x frame, i was wondering if anyone haf any tips before i start. Im going to be useing the XR electricals and carb and the airbox from the trike. I guess ill know more once i get it all in front of me but any help is great!

Most just split the case’s and install the 6speed gear set, but I have ridden a few that had it done and in 6th even with a fresh top end they just don’t have any power.

Good for one thing and that’s downhill, even flat asphalt road they run like a slug.

Just the added weight I assume, tried many different sprocket setups and there is no sweet spot to be found for 6th gear.

Added weight, rolling mass. Even in the 2 wheeled world a 200cc 4 stroke doesn't really have any power, let alone adding a third wheel. Now a 2 stroke 200cc would be a different story, just can't think of a bolt in replacement. 

Added weight, rolling mass. Even in the 2 wheeled world a 200cc 4 stroke doesn't really have any power, let alone adding a third wheel. Now a 2 stroke 200cc would be a different story, just can't think of a bolt in replacement. 

I agree completely, especially given the 4 strokes of that time period. They are turds compared to today’s 4’s.

However factory Honda did back in the day have an atc 200 2 stroke, they basically all was destroyed after the races however and never made into a production model for consumers. But on 3wheelerworldforums.com there are very few pictures of the bikes and some of the old racers admit to them having existed.

It’s rumored there are still a few out there. However no one will name the owners that still have them.