Sign in to follow this  

Pro Circuit very loud

the sound is amazing, but very loud. 

It's a T2. Don't know if it needs repacked or if they're just this loud. (just bought the bike)

Packed can they be street use reasonable?  Quiet core?  
Or are they always performance and always loud? 

2001 E if it matters. 

If always loud, what's a good compromise between stock quiet and loud performance? The bike rips and I don't want to lose that, but don't need racebike sound in my neighborhood.
And I'm 54 so I try to be reasonable to the neighbors.

Like it loud when you goose it, but quiet when you keep to light throttle. 

Also the colors on the 'tag' are all faded/burned out. Anyone paint them back?

1461779_10152057203000719_2016324174_n_z

Edited by MindBlower

Had the same issues w/ an old Pro-circuit pipe being too loud. I repacked and it took some of the edge off the bark but was still loud. I called PC and they just told me the older exhaust systems were not designed too meet a db restriction. Bye bye PC hello FMF Q4.

• Like 1

Had the same issues w/ an old Pro-circuit pipe being too loud. I repacked and it took some of the edge off the bark but was still loud. I called PC and they just told me the older exhaust systems were not designed too meet a db restriction. Bye bye PC hello FMF Q4.

I think a lot of those straight exhausts are loud, actually, that's why the MRD is loud, but the spark arrestors and quiet inserts help. I like how the OP is appreciative of his neighbors and doesn't necessarily need a racebike sound......all the time.

• Like 1

FMF Q4 is a nice system,  not that loud,  but has that nice deep tone.

this. I love my q4 slip on. sounds great, is quiet at steady throttle and has a nice grunt at WOT.

• Like 2

If changed to one of these "quieter" choices like the Q4 do you lose a noticeable amount off the top end?   Need to re-jet? 

RS2 seems to be a good balance of power and volume.  From my experiences with friends and whatnot, it seems to be on the quieter end of the spectrum.  I think aside from the MRD/SSW pipes, its second in line as far as power gains.  But the MRD/SSW is just downright LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (exclamation point.)

• Like 1

I've been checking out the RS2 and just heard some youtube sound checks and I think that's what I want.

Will my Pro Circuit header mate up ok with the Yoshimura can or do they do goofy propriatary stuff so you have to use their header?