Sign in to follow this  

"spoke skins" on the XR650L pig

I think  spoke skins look pretty cool on a dirt bike. Gives it added bling/cool factor for a few dollars. Might make the xr650l look more updated. Maybe honda should make them standard equipment on the 2015 model to give the illusion that its a more modern bike. :lol: :lol: .Anyone have a set on their "L" pig. I might put a set of black or white ones on.

Edited by Thumper3

Wait a minute.  You're the guy who is trying to get every last fraction of an ounce off of his bike to make it lighter and you want to add something that serves no useful function?

You're not trolling us are you?

Wait a minute.  You're the guy who is trying to get every last fraction of an ounce off of his bike to make it lighter and you want to add something that serves no useful function?

You're not trolling us are you?

Hey, Im well ahead of you. It has already crossed my mind. :goofy: But these spoke covers are super light. freakin hd straws..lol. Besides im ditching the brake light switch in the back to "balance" things out. :lol: Yeah, i know i need help :facepalm: 

$40 for 10¢ worth of coffee stirrers that go on my spokes? Just...WOW.

It's only $10 for a can of paint and a roll of masking tape...and you could do at least two sets of wheels, making it 800% cheaper.

$40 for 10¢ worth of coffee stirrers that go on my spokes? Just...WOW.

It's only $10 for a can of paint and a roll of masking tape...and you could do at least two sets of wheels, making it 800% cheaper.

I was thinking i could get some orange spoke skins, paint the bike orange with a spray can and get some ktm stickers and plaster them all over the pig. I could pretend i was on a ktm, and if i stay far enough from other riders they might believe me. What do you think? :thinking:  :goofy: 

Edited by Thumper3

I was thinking i could get some orange spoke skins, paint the bike orange with a spray can and get some ktm stickers and plaster them all over the pig. I could pretend i was on a ktm, and if i stay far enough from other riders they might believe me. What do you think? :thinking:  :goofy: 

Do it.

I should so that to mine.  Then I would have two KTMs in the garage.

Do it.

I should so that to mine.  Then I would have two KTMs in the garage.

Or i could also throw another sticker on there that sais " poor man's ktm 690r ". :p 

Lame, poser look. Your spokes will also corrode under them if you ever ride your bike or wash it.

Is this an educated guess or fact? the covers would still let moisture out wouldnt they?

Think about it. Spokes get a little corrosion just from the mud that dries on them. Add some moisture along with some cleaner which can be corrosive on it's own and your going to have moisture trapped under the little plastic cover. Bring on a little rain and humidity then some heat and your creating a pretty corrosive cocktail.

Think about it. Spokes get a little corrosion just from the mud that dries on them. Add some moisture along with some cleaner which can be corrosive on it's own and your going to have moisture trapped under the little plastic cover. Bring on a little rain and humidity then some heat and your creating a pretty corrosive cocktail.

Ok thanks...good to know.