Sign in to follow this  

Who's going where for nikisil plating?

Nikisil is the bees knees. Where is everyone sending their jugs to for plating? It's time for the Katoom jug to get replated.

Thanks guys!

Nate

They said ten days turn around from when they get it.I'm allowing 3 days shipping,and hoping.I have until the 27 th before any race I want to do and I'm not in a points race this year so it really don't matter.  

• Like 1

My wait is a little longer than I thought. I looked at calender days not work days. I checked my card activity and they billed me today, exactly 9 business days after they called me. Now I have to wait on UPS. Not a problem because I have almost 3 weeks till the next race.I had them profile my head to run rattle free on pump gas.

I just looked it up 8 cents on the dollar favoring US. Sales tax is more than that most places in the US.

A few years ago Canada had US beat by a good margin.

There are two places in Canada that I know of that do it.  One is in BC and the other in Quebec.  When I last priced it (which was recently) it was within $50 (shipping included) of a new cylinder and at least 3 weeks turn around.  Had the new cylinder in two days......so it was a no brainer in my case....

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 1

There are two places in Canada that I know of that do it.  One is in BC and the other in Quebec.  When I last priced it (which was recently) it was within $50 (shipping included) of a new cylinder and at least 3 weeks turn around.  Had the cylinder in two days......so it was a no brainer in my case....

I just buy new and throw the old on on ebay as needing replated for 70 bucks, and people buy them. I got one on there now  :thumbsup:

Had mine done at Poweseals. I would check for who can do the quickest turn around. All are pretty much the same price. I had to quick ship mine for $70 because I had a race. Looking back, I would've just sent it to whoever could get it done first.

Got my stuff back today.Everything looks great,piston fit is good,I got a prox from them and they checked clearance for me, I can tell by the math in sharpie ink on the piston.I haven't had that snug of a fit in years.18 calender days from when I shipped it,I think that's pretty good.

Thank you for all your input guys! I ended up shipping it to milltech. Should be back in just over a week. I think I'll just get another jug aswell so I can can just pull and replace without waiting.