Sign in to follow this  

Switchgear

I have the E version and I'm planning to ride it through France in the Summer. I can cope with no indicators in between green lanes in the uk but don't fancy long journeys on the continent without them. I bought the switchgear off a DRZ400S and hope to use this in conjunction with some aftermarket indicators. Trouble is I have no idea how to wire it all up. I tried plugging the 6 pin male connector into the existing 6 pin female connector on the loom in the hope that the headlights at least might be 'plug and play'. All it did was to blow the fuse. So, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed?
Cheers
Jon

You are going to verify the pinouts for the connectors you have there as well as built harness into the bike for indicators. Not overly difficult, reference the schematics at the back of the Clymer manual, that should get you started.

Light blue is power to the turn signal switch.  solid black is left turn.  solid light green is right turn.  The other wires are for the horn and headlight.  Use an ohm meter to verify function and continuity.  Build a wire harness to go the the 4 signal lights.

• Like 1

I have the E version and I'm planning to ride it through France in the Summer. I can cope with no indicators in between green lanes in the uk but don't fancy long journeys on the continent without them. I bought the switchgear off a DRZ400S and hope to use this in conjunction with some aftermarket indicators. Trouble is I have no idea how to wire it all up. I tried plugging the 6 pin male connector into the existing 6 pin female connector on the loom in the hope that the headlights at least might be 'plug and play'. All it did was to blow the fuse. So, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed?

Cheers

Jon

Now if you had a Real Australian E you would not be in this predicament.

Sorry M8, couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

I'm still lost on M8.  M8 is short for mate?

Yeah .. We use it mainly when texting , that's how it started .

Example .. HEY M8 don't be L8 ...we won't W8 .. se ya soon :aussy:

Especially if it's a BBQ with beer and babes, or as we like to call them here, Sheila's  ;)