6200$ for a set of forks?

I've seen that kind of stuff on ebay too.  Like $3,500 for an FMF muffler.  I don't know if they're hoping someone will make a mistake and click "purchase" on it or what but I see it pretty often. 

YEA  it is actually a scam that has been going on. it was all over the new a few months back

what they are doing is listing things for waaaay to high, or listing pictures of things and then in the description and specifics telling you that it is JUST THE PICTURE or JUST THE TIRES

because when you click and win an auction or what not, YOU ARE LEGALLY BONDED TO THAT.

in the court of law you could be sued and lose.

in this case the judge would laugh and dismiss it. i would think...

also, most of the time it doesnt get to that point. the scammer scams, the buyer is like what the &%$#@! and it goes on...

READ THE DESCRIPTION on ebay. thats the best advice you can get..

No shit, I mean man if you're a racer and are making money at it and it's your livelihood, then I guess, but six grand will buy me a whole lot of fun and then some.  That's just sick, but notice too the guy has offers, so the market is definitely there. This is the kind of shit that ruining the sport of dirt bikes.  When shit get so expensive that only the elite are able to afford it.  I see kids today with gleams in their eyes when I visit my local motorcycle shop, only to realize they'll likely not follow through with their dreams of riding because a freaking bike goes for as much or more as this fool wants for his forks.  It's just sick.  But yeah, if you do get what ever the guy is on, please send me some.  I'll pay the postage. :devil:

also, most of the time it doesnt get to that point. the scammer scams, the buyer is like what the &%$#@! and it goes on...

READ THE DESCRIPTION on ebay. thats the best advice you can get..

Some sellers on eBay over price their shit in hopes that one in that 1000 will come and hit the buy it now.  Some are that naïve and see candy like this and buy in to them only to later regret spending all their dough when in fact, some time later, they won't have anything to show for spending all their money.  What good is for example, buying these really nice rims, or what have you if years later, you no longer own it?  I make it simple.  I buy clapped out bikes for $100 and squint when I look at the suspension.  Works for me quite well. :devil:

• Like 1

A-kit suspension always goes for alot. Its like 10,000(or somewhere around there) new. I thought I was going to see some stock forks from peoples reaction. Would I ever pay six thousand for forks, hell no. Do some people have the money and not have to think twice because they just want the best money can buy, yep.

Yeah lol that stuff is and always has been giant money, the way y'all were talking about it was as if it was stock stuff outrageously priced. There not trying to sucker anyone into it, thats what a-kit sells for.

If i had money id have about 1k into my motor and 10k into the suspension and chassis easily. If you think about motorsports 12-15k is a joke all in. Start with a fresh low hours 250 2 stroke for 2-3k, 400 in porting, lectron carb, flywheel weight and the rest would be some trick wheels, and a kit suspension.

Wouldnt make me much faster, but a-kit suspension just like a good revalve just nakes it easier to ride fast, more confidence and more margin for error,

So what makes an a-kit suspension so much different from Stock. May be a stupid question but I haven't really read Into the a kit stuff yet. How much better is compared to a complete set up stock suspension with a revalve?

• Like 1

Ok, It may be debatable that these specific forks are worth that or not BUT there's still something goofy going on with some ebay sellers.  $3500 for an FMF muffler or $1600 for a common everyday headlight.  They still must be hoping someone will click on purchase accidentally but you still have another chance to cancel the purchase in the ebay system so I don't get it.

• Like 1

Ok, It may be debatable that these specific forks are worth that or not BUT there's still something goofy going on with some ebay sellers.  $3500 for an FMF muffler or $1600 for a common everyday headlight.  They still must be hoping someone will click on purchase accidentally but you still have another chance to cancel the purchase in the ebay system so I don't get it.

I can only think of one reason....fishing for uber-rich morons.  I've met some of these folks, they prefer to spend their money...it's their way of being unique.  They don't care how big the number is....ask me, it's mental illness.

• Like 1

I can only think of one reason....fishing for uber-rich morons.  I've met some of these folks, they prefer to spend their money...it's their way of being unique.  They don't care how big the number is....ask me, it's mental illness.

Either that or the seller hopes to get a shopper that's drunk or high as a kite and they keep clicking "buy", "yes", "buy" and hook them to buying the item.  Especially if the buyer has a Paypal account.  You don't even need to enter your address or credit card number.  It's TOO easy.