Sign in to follow this  

almost sorted, one last thing.

having had some trouble with setting up the powervalve on my 2001 rm250 im wondering if there still a bit tight or if the governor/actuator is tired. they open every time now they have lossened off a bit via the spring but after a decent warm up and when I give it the first wide open throttle there a bit of hesisation and a noise that coincides with when the powervalves open. it only does this once for a second then it clears its throat and all is well. is this normal? do the powervalve governors sometimes make a bit of a noise if the part is worn or if the valves are maybe covered in spooge? I know the motor is fresh inc the gearbox and it sounds nothing like  bearing failiure or piston slap. almost like a chain rubbing on the chainguard. as I say it goes away after the initial run a full throttle

can anyone help? im paranoid about the piston hitting the valve although this would happen all the time, right?

its like a chattering noise im starting to think the clutch could be just noisy but seems to coincide with when the pv opens. only does it the once after initial wide open throttle from the first ride after that it seems to disappear.