Sign in to follow this  

Rear rack carriers

What do you guys do about a gas can? No way will I put one inside my vehicle.

Make sure all the open holes are plugged, put it in a garbage bag or two Tie it tight. Sits fine in the back of my SUV no problem.

Thanks but its not going to happen. Think I'll have a small rack added to the carrier.

Thanks but its not going to happen. Think I'll have a small rack added to the carrier.

Why?

Lol idc I'll throw it is the can with me and roll the Windows down. I don't normally as i can just put it in the bed, but i don't see a serious issue

Apparently some have never been or will be in a serious accident. I have. To have a can of gas inside the vehicle is beyond STUPID in my eyes. Maybe you can truly see into the future but I cannot. Please don't do this guys, please. Thanks anyhoo. 

Buy a good steel gerry can and strap it in. Anything you carry in your car can be lethal in an accident. Yes fuel is volitile, but carry it in the correct container and you lessen the chances of it being punctured in the event of an accident.

Sweet dreams are a wonderful thing. I live in a world where folks wake up to nightmares occasionally. Trying to avoid that. A burn ward is not where I want to spend my last days.

YH I've seen a guy that has a hitch mount for his bike that also has a place for a fuel can.

If I see him see him next weekend and ask about it...although prob too late for you.

YH I've seen a guy that has a hitch mount for his bike that also has a place for a fuel can.

If I see him see him next weekend and ask about it...although prob too late for you.

Thanks. But yes I have already decided on a solution. I appreciate your time. :thumbsup:

• Like 1