This may be a stupid question.I'm new to dirt bikes trying to figure things out. Have a little curiosity to.

How do a kx250 and a xr250r compare?

This may be a stupid question.I'm new to dirt bikes trying to figure things out. Have a little curiosity to.

How do a kx250 and a xr250r compare?

There are no stupid questions, so never hesitate to ask here anything that has to do with motorcycles.  Though I can't be too helpful in the comparison, I did want you to know we welcome your questions and get ready for a lot of replies. :devil:

• Like 2

Kx250 is a race bike, meaning in has a lot of power, it's light and has suspension made for a motocross track. It's a two stroke which makes it peppy and requires a lot of maintenance, yet is simple and cheap to fix and maintain.

The xr250 on the other hand is a trail bike. It has softer suspension for smooth riding, and will not handle what the kx can. It's a four stroke and has no where near the power of the kx. It's also heavier but very reliable.

• Like 1

Regarding that last post the xr is still a great bike

There are no stupid questions, so never hesitate to ask here anything that has to do with motorcycles.  Though I can't be too helpful in the comparison, I did want you to know we welcome your questions and get ready for a lot of replies. :devil:

No stoopid questions ? In that case got any handguards ?

Hey guys I jave a question. I've got a 2003 kx250 and wanna get a boyesen water pump for it, but have no luck at all finding one for an 03. Yet, I've seen pics of people with them on an 2003. I wanna know is there an different year I need to look for that will still fit the 03? For some reason I can't post any new topics so I figured to post it on here. Any feed back would be great. Thanks

The xr is going to outlast you and your grandchildren untill vehicles are going to fly and stuff. It is nowhere near in comparison to kx regarding power.

As some others stated. The KX is a race bike developed for racing. 

The XR on the other hand is a 4 stroke built for trail riding. It will have half the power of the KX, but it will last a LONG time with proper maintenance and also not require the same amount of maintenance that the KX will (not the same for 4 stroke race bikes which do). The XR is pretty much the first bike I would choose during the zombie invasion. It isn't the fastest, most comfortable, or best looking bike on the planet; but it will last FOREVER and will never leave you stranded. The KX is a purpose built race bike, and will require the maintenance as such. But it will also have the power of a race bike. 

Just depends on what you are looking for. 

As some others stated. The KX is a race bike developed for racing.

The XR on the other hand is a 4 stroke built for trail riding. It will have half the power of the KX, but it will last a LONG time with proper maintenance and also not require the same amount of maintenance that the KX will (not the same for 4 stroke race bikes which do). The XR is pretty much the first bike I would choose during the zombie invasion. It isn't the fastest, most comfortable, or best looking bike on the planet; but it will last FOREVER and will never leave you stranded. The KX is a purpose built race bike, and will require the maintenance as such. But it will also have the power of a race bike.

Just depends on what you are looking for.

what if the zombies can ride and they have kx's?

what if the zombies can ride and they have kx's?

Just fill up their bikes with some regular gas and they'll have seized KX's lol. 

• Like 1

Just fill up their bikes with some regular gas and they'll have seized KX's lol.

or you could just get drunk and use a side by side to run them over. You know like some side by side drives do now. Except for the zombie part.
  • Like 1