Sign in to follow this  

Wr250r expectations

I've been thinking seriously about buying a new 2014 wr250r. I am coming off a drz400s which I love and has been a great bike but I want something that is more capable of riding tight single track trails. I understand I will give up acceleration simply because the displacement difference but can any wr250r owners give me their feedback on how much? Unfortunately I have not been able to find a dealer willing to let me demo one and I know there are a lot of emissions junk on the bike that I would surely rip right off but there are many concerns when I research about lack of low range power.

Any help/feedback would be appreciated. I also really hope the wr suspension is better than the drz400s because the drz did not allow me to push it in rough stuff/jumps [i'm 5'10 160lbs]

Thanks

I sold my DRZ400s with E suspension in 2005. Maybe it's because im 44 now but I liked the DRZ suspension better. (so far).

I've only had my WRR for 8 months.

I have ridden lots of snot and snow etc. The only time I want more power is climbing a long steep hill in 2nd. I remember my DRZ being the same way before some mods.

It has plenty of torque for fun riding but it will not raise the front wheel without some clutching. It gets great traction.

The 20 pound weight saving is very noticeable and IMO makes the WRR a better single track bike. 

The 6 speed transmission makes it a great street bike as well.

If you don't know about youtubes vlogger mototrippin, check him out. WRR at it's best.