Sign in to follow this  

California New to Northern CA. riding, some jetting questions

Moved up a couple years ago from SO CA. had my bikes jetted for that area, was able to ride from Ocotillo to Corral Canton and even big bear without changing my jetting. I haven't been able to get out since 've been up here but know it looks like that's going to change.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations jetting here's what we're riding.

2002 KLX 300 w/all free mods and 37mm Mikuni AP carb.

2007 Honda CRF 230 all stock

2008 Honda CRF 50.

I bought the 50 for my son from a guy up here so I have no Idea how it's jetted. To be honest I can't remember what needles or slow jet I have in the other bikes but I rode Corral Canyon at 3400 to 4600 pretty regularly with no problems.

Sorry if this type of question has been asked, I did a search but couldn't find anything.  Thanks in advance for all help. much appreciated.

Wouldn't worry as they're all four strokes.

Contrary to what the So Cal guys say, things are pretty much the same here in the northern land….(except the riding is better  :D )

• Like 3

Wouldn't worry as they're all four strokes.

Contrary to what the So Cal guys say, things are pretty much the same here in the northern land….(except the riding is better  :D )

Thanks I thought I could just go ride and see how they acted, but then thought maybe I could get a head start if someone was running similar bikes. 

Either way I get to ride so all is good. 

Thanks. 

Being further away from the equator in northern Cal changes everything as far as jetting goes versus SoCal jetting, the air has more oxygen density in NorCal because there is less pollutant particulate suspended on the atmosphere then there is in SoCal.....clean air = clean power!

Right Dyrtmon???

Being further away from the equator in northern Cal changes everything as far as jetting goes versus SoCal jetting, the air has more oxygen density in NorCal because there is less pollutant particulate suspended on the atmosphere then there is in SoCal.....clean air = clean power!

Right Dyrtmon???

Elequently put, my friend.

best fuel delivery mod for NORcal would be stabil- fuel stabilizer. 3 months a year its too hot to ride, 3 more months its too cold to ride... for the other 8 months or so its football season

dont forget your red/green sticker laws.... because they only ride parks- Prairie City, holister, and carnageeee

best fuel delivery mod for NORcal would be stabil- fuel stabilizer. 3 months a year its too hot to ride, 3 more months its too cold to ride... for the other 8 months or so its football season

dont forget your red/green sticker laws.... because they only ride parks- Prairie City, holister, and carnageeee

Negative Mister - ! - What kinda So Cal dude are you?!? Too hot? So Cal is where heat was invented!! 

Cold…..Why God invented the vest. BRAAAP!

sell the bikes & get efi bikes.....um......socal summer riding,that's just crazy talk

sell the bikes & get efi bikes.....um......socal summer riding,that's just crazy talk

Got one already, Love it :p

SOCAL summer riding is great, get up early home by 3:00 with a stop in Julian for some Awesome Apple Pie. 

Man I miss the desert.  :cry:

Got one already, Love it :p

SOCAL summer riding is great, get up early home by 3:00 with a stop in Julian for some Awesome Apple Pie. 

Man I miss the desert.  :cry:

I am a new member of the Northern area form the south.  Bringing one of the bikes up in a couple weeks.  Will ride some trees, but still will be hitting the desert floor for my fix now and again.