Sign in to follow this  

Massachusetts foxboro ma

thinking of trying out Foxboro for the first time on Sunday... any tips or suggested trails ? 

Edited by knightrider092

Foxboro was fun ...little more rocks than I'm use to but great place ...will be going back to explore again

1399292175585.jpg

I would say Foxboro is a little less beat than Wrentham, so better for a first timer. The parking lot side of freetown  might be the best of the three.

How bad is wrentham

The main loop, across the street from the parking lot, has some rutted, rocky climbs. But also some really good trail. There is a way to avoid all the bad parts, but it takes a long time to figure out. I do like the place, took years to find the best ways to ride it. I wouldn't mind leading you thru. Can you ride during the week?

Do you mean wareham? I know there's a track three, i didn't know there were trails in wrentham.

Lot's of trails in Wrentham. If you ride a 125 that isn't set up for the woods, you might not like it. I've ridden my 125 there, not the best bike due to the rocky, steep climbs. But if you're used to the gnarly stuff, you might like it.

During week is tough with work and little one... I do have Mondays off so it maybe possible to plan something lol

Edited by knightrider092

Lot's of trails in Wrentham. If you ride a 125 that isn't set up for the woods, you might not like it. I've ridden my 125 there, not the best bike due to the rocky, steep climbs. But if you're used to the gnarly stuff, you might like it.

News to me, and no trails for me until i get a trail bike (xr250 most likely) but I'm used to Rocky rutted climbs, they themselves don't bother me

It is one of the official state riding areas, requires the sticker. XR 250 would better than a 125 mxer.

I like old school 4 strokes too, they just keep torqueing along. I only paid $1,400 for my klx 300, I've seen them for less but not lately. 

Water cooled. I've had no trouble with mine at all, but something could happen. I had an 86 xr 250 for a few years, very similar. The klx is a newer design than the xr, but still low tech compared to today's thumpers.