Riding in CA

After reading and re-reading all this BS of red stickers I am not sure what to do.

1. I moved here this year and now have a CA drivers license.
  2. I have my 450r registered out of state and has current tags for it on the bike.
  3. The bike is registered in my moms name and me as a secondary owner.
  4. It spends some time out of state  (washington) whenever I take it back home where my dad rides it and sometimes my dad brings it here to CA to ride and leaves it here with me.

My I have yet to ride it out of red sticker season that just ended. Am I going to get busted? It does spend half the time in WA and is registered under my mom who lives in WA. This crap is annoying. Im going riding tomorrow, so I guess we will see what happens. I'll make sure to bring the registration.

You are fine...  I'd just keep it registered in WA.  It's just down here so you can do some work on it for your moms.  Nothing wrong with that. 

You just need a sparky...  and carry your registration paperwork with you... and never ride sweep.  You know when a bear is chasing you that you only have to out run the other guy. ?  

• Like 1

You are fine...  I'd just keep it registered in WA.  It's just down here so you can do some work on it for your moms.  Nothing wrong with that. 

You just need a sparky...  and carry your registration paperwork with you... and never ride sweep.  You know when a bear is chasing you that you only have to out run the other guy. ?  

Cool. Thanks Jeff  ?  I definetely have a spark arrestor, since WA required it as well to ride in the woods. Which I always scratched my head at because of how much rain we get there.. ?

I'll go put the registration in my car now, tomorrow I know I will forget  :banghead: 

After reading and re-reading all this BS of red stickers I am not sure what to do.

• I moved here this year and now have a CA drivers license.
  • I have my 450r registered out of state and has current tags for it on the bike.
  • The bike is registered in my moms name and me as a secondary owner.
  • It spends some time out of state (washington) whenever I take it back home where my dad rides it and sometimes my dad brings it here to CA to ride and leaves it here with me.
My I have yet to ride it out of red sticker season that just ended. Am I going to get busted? It does spend half the time in WA and is registered under my mom who lives in WA. This crap is annoying. Im going riding tomorrow, so I guess we will see what happens. I'll make sure to bring the registration.

Nice v neck bro

• Like 1

Dont you have to buy the non resident permit thing

Nope, in washington you have to register the bike and they give me small license plate looking sticker and Month/Year tabs I put on the bike.