Sign in to follow this  

Cr250 won't stay running

I got my 01 cr250 fully put back together rode it for about 25 minutes started great ran great all that. Now it will bump start but back fires and won't stay running, or start by kicking I seems like it's flooding out constantly but I checked the floats they aren't sticking. Anybody have any idea what it could be? Also it still has the stock mukini carb

What's does back together entail? A top end? Or so,etching else? Just curious what was done before this

I got my 01 cr250 fully put back together rode it for about 25 minutes started great ran great all that. Now it will bump start but back fires and won't stay running, or start by kicking I seems like it's flooding out constantly but I checked the floats they aren't sticking. Anybody have any idea what it could be? Also it still has the stock mukini carb

Put in a new plug, but check for good spark before you install it

I would do a compression test, leak down would be better...maybe you stuck a ring....this will tell you if the top end is ok.

Check the flywheel and make sure the key didn't sheer.

Onto the carb, I'd remove it and go through it make sure it's clean and adjusted properly, check the reeds while the carb is off.

You need fuel, good compression and spark to fire it up....bump start only makes me think...low compression.

Back together means just that because it just got rebuilt I have a build thread. And it has a brand new piston and everything its a basically brand new bike right now. It just sounds flooded when you kick it. I just put in a new plug last night too it will try and start but won't by kicking. When I pulled the plug and it was super wet. Which again leads me to way to much fuel so it can't ignite via kick because every kick I'm throwing more duel that it needs. But when it bumps it isnt overfueled as bad, but then shortly dies and backfires like crazy

Ignition coil ground was loose so now it runs great but I'm still getting to much fuel and it floods when you stop almost immediately any help on this?