Sign in to follow this  

Can I use jet kit for 09-13 klx250s on my 06? Both cvk34 carbs

Title says it all! I ordered a jet kit, and when it showed up it has 09-12 on it....after some research, I believe the carbs are very similar. Different part numbers though... Anyone know?? Thanks in advance!

Just for everyone's info....the kit works just fine. I installed this morning per dynojet instructions, except I added a hole in the slide. I do however think the 3 turns out on the air screw was too much, so I'll be going back in a half turn to get the popping on decel gone.

You could have also used the KLX300 DJ Kit #2206.  The needle appears to be slightly more aggressive, the kit calls for drilling the slider, and it doesn't include a different spring.  I used this one on my '06 before the KLX250 09+ kits became available. 

It's a fuel screw, not an air screw.  In = less fuel = leaner.  And v/v

Just for everyone's info....the kit works just fine. I installed this morning per dynojet instructions, except I added a hole in the slide. I do however think the 3 turns out on the air screw was too much, so I'll be going back in a half turn to get the popping on decel gone.

Why would you add a hole in the slide?

You'll probably get more popping on decel if you turn it in-leaning it out more. But 3 turns out is aprx the safe limit to not have it coming loose and falling out on its own.

Might be time for a richer pilot jet?

Edited by ViperGTS