1991 cr 250 triple tree

Hi guys, first post here I looked all over the internet and couldnt find anyone else with this question or even talking about this issue. So my triple clamp (the clamp that holds my handle bars) is 7/8 stock. The problem is I want to upgrade my bars to some oversized evos and the clamp that holds my bars doesnt seem to be fully upgradable and cant be replaced, earlier years of this bike arnt like this im not sure why they chose to do this but from my conclusion I will have to buy a expensive aftermarket triple tree; that is if I can even find one that would fit my bike, or grind/ sand out my stock clamp and buy an aftermarket top clamp and just make it work ( which was suggested to me by the shoty mechanic at my dirtbike shop). I dont know what to do here guys help me out, are there any other years of cr250's triple tree that would it my bike? Here is a picture of what the 1991 cr 250 stock tripple tree looks like.triple tree clamp.JPG

Edited by pdxstoner

Hi guys, first post here I looked all over the internet and couldnt find anyone else with this question or even talking about this issue. So my triple clamp (the clamp that holds my handle bars) is 7/8 stock. The problem is I want to upgrade my bars to some oversized evos and the clamp that holds my bars doesnt seem to be fully upgradable and cant be replaced, earlier years of this bike arnt like this im not sure why they chose to do this but from my conclusion I will have to buy a expensive aftermarket triple tree; that is if I can even find one that would fit my bike, or grind/ sand out my stock clamp and buy an aftermarket top clamp and just make it work ( which was suggested to me by the shoty mechanic at my dirtbike shop). I dont know what to do here guys help me out, are there any other years of cr250's triple tree that would it my bike? Here is a picture of what the 1991 cr 250 stock tripple tree looks like.📎triple tree clamp.JPG

I see what you're saying i have an 01 cr250 with Fatbars but have the replaceable clamp. Look at some later year factory triple trees I'm sure they are the same until 01. ebay has a lot of them all the time. 

• Like 1

Woah thats awesome were can I find this product? I also live in oregon.

Just search 'fatbar adapter' on google or whatever. Every online superstore has em for $30 or so. If you have a local bike shop they may or may not have em.
  • Like 2