Sign in to follow this  

linkage question 95 xr600r

Perrty sure 91 - 2000 are the same..... possiblly from 88 - 2000....and maybe even 84 & up.

You basically have to take ur old one with you and compare to get one that will mount the same with the same spaces for travel/movement.

This guy said pretty sure, possibly, and maybe even...

Thanks tremendously. Hehehe. Lightheartedly sarcastic my friend. The parts bikes i find didn't wanna sell just dogbone. So im probably subject to eBay. Most are from earlier models. I won't be able to compare. Most i can do is email seller and request measurements.

Or i could make a purchase with some for sure info

Can't help ERIC..never really looked closely at the different models linkages to compare them..You'll have to go with the maybe,,maybe not answers.

Can't imagine there to be any change from 90 to 2000..that's a guess as well.. :shocked: ..earlier..no idea.. :)

All im sayin is that i think 90-2000 would be all the same.... But i have never tried swapping in a link from a diff year on my own 91 XR6.

However, i do have a swingarm and linkage sitting here off a 91 XR 200 R or 250 R...dont remember what the guy said...

The swingarm does look to be similar in most aspects, to the one on my XR6.

The lower shock linkage is different tho. I know for certain that i wouldnt be able to mix link pieces between the 2... But if i was stuck and had no choice, it looks like the entire lower shock link from the 200-250 could be used on the 600.

But again, i have not actually tried this.

Pretty sure the C-C length is the same on all 250 to 650 links but the early ones have plain bushings while later models have needle bearings. I'll try to measure some up in the next couple days.

Cool. Thanks jaysons. I have a 250r swingarm, but doh, no linkage. The difference between buying a whole linkage and just the dogbone is pretty big. And i definitely want a needle bearing dogbone. Thanks valves rule!