Sign in to follow this  

50hp Drz ability

I've just completed my build, I put in a new top end 440 kit, did the base gasket mod and put in hotcams stage 2. This bike is absolutely awesome.

I feel it could now keep up with sportbikes reasonably enough, having owned one before.

Sure the drz isn't the lightest weight bike in the world but with a lighter exhaust, headlight and battery it is light enough. I suppose one could purchase a wr450 but the drz comes legal... and I have been motivated to modify my drz which has taught me invaluable mechanical skills. I appreciate its power so much now.

Wanting to put it out there that the 50hp drz build is worth it, especially if you get the sheer gratification of installing it yourself.

My last idea is to do the act gear ratios. Im using 14/44 and I'm going to try 15/44 and see if it can truly "do it all".

Edited by iggy320
  • Like 1

I've just completed my build, I put in a new top end 440 kit, did the base gasket mod and put in hotcams stage 2. This bike is absolutely awesome.

I feel it could now keep up with sportbikes reasonably enough, having owned one before.

Sure the drz isn't the lightest weight bike in the world but with a lighter exhaust, headlight and battery it is light enough. I suppose one could purchase a wr450 but the drz comes legal... and I have been motivated to modify my drz which has taught me invaluable mechanical skills. I appreciate its power so much now.

Wanting to put it out there that the 50hp drz build is worth it, especially if you get the sheer gratification of installing it yourself.

My last idea is to do the act gear ratios. Im using 14/44 and I'm going to try 15/44 and see if it can truly "do it all".

You have now awoken the sleeping maggot...... :thumbsup:

S or SM...?

What Pipe..?

Oh yeah, of course we will need some pics......

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 2

Where???

On a go cart track?

• Like 3

This is a bit of wishful thinking. I have both in my garage. Even at a true 50 hp, a modern sport bike will still have double the horsepower (my 600 is more than double), while only weighing 60-100 pounds more depending on the bike. With at least double the power, without double the weight, they aren't even in the same league.

That being said, my R6 doesn't get ridden much these days. For what the DRZ lacks in power, it makes it up in just being pure fun. Also helps that I can spend all day at the track on the DRZ for $10, while the R6 will run me $150+ for 3 20 - minute sessions.

• Like 2

Where???

On a go cart track?

That reminds me........I lined up against a current model CBR1000 off the traffic lights a couple of weeks back on the "Real BB E"....

We both went for the gas as the lights turned green,.... I stayed level with for at least the first 10 metres....Not a chance in the world of matching him....

It Would have been a little different with 10 more hp (60), but hey.......lets not get too carried away..... :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I know in a race its no competition but what I mean is, if you're just tooling around the streets then you can keep up with sportbike friends. Plus I never went too fast on my sportbike, it's why I'm still alive lol.

My bikes an S and its got the mrdssw pipe and fcr39. Im running d606s and gonna put on shinko 244s soon. Itll be such a hybrid.

I'll get pics soon its got a lot of other goodies!

• Like 1

I know in a race its no competition but what I mean is, if you're just tooling around the streets then you can keep up with sportbike friends. Plus I never went too fast on my sportbike, it's why I'm still alive lol.

Smart guy, If your not safely able to use the huge speed and HP of a superbike, I reckon it's a wise move to down size....That's why nowadays I find myself on a 400..

I could afford to own any bike on the market, but I choose what I have for practcality..

• Like 4

Smart guy, If your not safely able to use the huge speed and HP of a superbike, I reckon it's a wise move to down size....That's why nowadays I find myself on a 400..

I could afford to own any bike on the market, but I choose what I have for practcality..

Are you sure that yellow widgit button isn't for Warp Speed......??? :lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Like 1

So my 434 DRZ won’t keep up with a Moto GP bike? I’ve got a FCR39 and cams.

At Donnington in the rain.

Knobbys in the grass maybe.