Sign in to follow this  

TTR 230 carb ~ thank you thank you

Picked up a 2007 TTR 230 2 weeks ago and was wondering if I got the screws put to me cause the dang thing just wouldn't start. After discharging a full battery and fiddling with the idle adjustment, twisting the throttle like a mad man, and cursing up a storm it would start and pop and sputter, then purr like a kitten once it got warm.. I found this great place and jumped into the TTR section, and lo and behold found my answer ! After putting in a # 38 pilot jet and a #130 main last night, I just touch the start button and she's running ! I mean it's effortless, I couldn't be happier ! 

THANK YOU , THANK YOU to all that spread their wealth of knowledge here so freely.

John

Picked up a 2007 TTR 230 2 weeks ago and was wondering if I got the screws put to me cause the dang thing just wouldn't start. After discharging a full battery and fiddling with the idle adjustment, twisting the throttle like a mad man, and cursing up a storm it would start and pop and sputter, then purr like a kitten once it got warm.. I found this great place and jumped into the TTR section, and lo and behold found my answer ! After putting in a # 38 pilot jet and a #130 main last night, I just touch the start button and she's running ! I mean it's effortless, I couldn't be happier ! 

THANK YOU , THANK YOU to all that spread their wealth of knowledge here so freely.

John

Glad you got it working.

Just so you know, the jets you replaced don't affect cold starting, assuming you are using the enrichener (choke). I expect you cleaned the float bowl when you had the carb apart which got things flowing.

Enjoy.

John

Glad you got it working.

Just so you know, the jets you replaced don't affect cold starting, assuming you are using the enrichener (choke). I expect you cleaned the float bowl when you had the carb apart which got things flowing.

Enjoy.

They don't???  Hmmmmmmm I did clean the bowl and blasted everything with carb cleaner,,,,  She's an easy start now and I am a happy camper.. :)

YES they do just another jet idiot...

there are some good tips on jets...

pilot does start  to high idle

needle does mid range

main does mid to high

we changed the jets out and bam it starts right up

also did the idle screw

happy riding