Sign in to follow this  

Issue replacing horn?

Hey guys, 

I bought a used 08 DRZ that has been a blast to ride in the short time i've had it.

Unfortunately I noticed the horn doesn't work, it only makes a clicking sound when the button is pressed.

I went to try to remove the horn to replace it but ran into a small problem.

I removed the nut that holds the horn, but the two electrical leads that connect to the horn aren't coming off easily. Is their a certain technique to taking these off? I didn't want to use too much force and end up breaking something. 

8z1usg.jpg

Thanks!

Pretty sure they're just blade connectors, probably just corroded.

Just wiggle and pull to remove the wires.  But probably no reason to remove at all.  Try a few tips first.  Hold the horn button down an tap on the horn.  That may bring it to life.  If no joy, hold the button down and turn the adjuster screw in and out a couple of turns.  Once it starts to work, exercise it a bit then adjust for the most noise and secure the crew in place with some adhesive or sealer of some kind.

• Like 2

Just wiggle and pull to remove the wires.  But probably no reason to remove at all.  Try a few tips first.  Hold the horn button down an tap on the horn.  That may bring it to life.  If no joy, hold the button down and turn the adjuster screw in and out a couple of turns.  Once it starts to work, exercise it a bit then adjust for the most noise and secure the crew in place with some adhesive or sealer of some kind.

Absolutely awesome advice!

A few taps with a spanner and one turn of the adjustment screw later its good as new!

Thanks!

• Like 1