Sign in to follow this  

Atv for 14 year old

If you tell me where you live I can help you find  one. It took me months to find mine. Don't just rush into it thinking the first one you see with a crap ton of mods done to it is the best. I learned that the hard way.

Well In 15 and I ride pretty fast Ima honda guy myself has he ridden before? I think a 300ex would be a good choice thats what I started out on now im on a 400ex.

You can't break a honda I've thrown mine around hard flipped them countless times the bars on the 250 bend easy but that's an easy fix the 400 is indestructible I crashed it into a steel cattle fence and flipped it and fired right back up

• Like 1

:) I am at this moment doing some maintenance on a 250cc Yeti (Honda engine actually rated as 249cc) wich I bought back in 1996 ( I have the proof of purchase ) I can honestly say this machine has only 11Hrs of running time because shortly after the purchase the drive shaft universal joint broke and I was unable to get parts because the company went bankrupt, I did however manage to find a universal joint from a farm vehicle that fitted perfectly. 

I am asking a fair price of $1500 as soon as I have completed the maintenance, which includes a repaint over the original red color in army camouflage.  :)  

I live in Ontario Canada, the buyer would be responsible for shipping costs, etc...

I'm 16 and learned how to ride on a yamaha 400 kodiak and i still love riding it and for 2000 at least where I live you can find a great yamaha 350 or 400 that'll be very reliable and have plenty of power to do anything you need it too they're easy and fun to ride if you want a utility quad another atv I would recommend for that price is a 350 or 400 honda for the same reasons

Seriously the Honda rancher is the most reliable and durable four wheeler you can buy no doubt they may not be the fastest but it will get done what you need to do

Cant go wrong with a Polaris 425 magnum 4x4 ours has been dead reliable (1996) so has our sportsman 400 4x4 (2002). either would be fine for your son. its all about respecting the power.

No offense but a 14 year old should not be wanting a utility quad in my opinion. Your only young once my friend. Go for a fun 400 or 450 sport quad. I think you will be much happier in the end.

Edited by Pete.Felten