Sign in to follow this  

Float stuck?

My wife's 95 kx125 2 strokes gas is all running out the bowl overflow when I turn the fuel on. Is there a way to fix this without taking the carb off the bike?

My wife's 95 kx125 2 strokes gas is all running out the bowl overflow when I turn the fuel on. Is there a way to fix this without taking the carb off the bike?

Very unlikely.

I'd say either your float is stuck, the float level is wrong, or your needle and seat is worn out based on the above.

All require removal of the carb and disassembly.

• Like 1

If you are unsure:

To renew the seat and needle, you must simply remove the float bowl and floats and change the needle and undo the seat.

To set float height, just bend the tangs on the float until you have the required measurement

Sometimes you can free them by tapping the bowl with the plastic handle of a screwdriver. Only works sometime

• Like 1

Tapped the bowl with a screw driver and it worked! But I'm sure this was a sign that carb needs to be cleaned up at least and needle valve might need replacing

Thank you all!

Sometimes you can free them by tapping the bowl with the plastic handle of a screwdriver. Only works sometime

+1

Tapped the bowl with a screw driver and it worked! But I'm sure this was a sign that carb needs to be cleaned up at least and needle valve might need replacing

Thank you all!

Replace the seat also a lot of times the o-ring around the seat will leak .