Sign in to follow this  

What's my 13 300 xc worth?

Bought a 300 xc and tried it for a snowbike and ended up with a different bike. Been trying to sell it for 7000 bucks, have 8500 invested and no bites. It is the 300 e with electric start, pipe gaurd, pro bend hand gaurds with 20 hours. What's a fair price in the spokane area??? Thanks

being as the 12-13 bikes didn't get the best reviews added to the fact gasgas is not mainstream like KTM they have a poor resale.  I see new 2013 for $6995.  So seeing that I would say $5995 would be a good starting point.

I know a guy that recently picked up a left over for less than 5k Brand new bike WOW   Good luck Farmer.

Unfortunately resale has always sucked on GGs and went to a new low for '12/'13.  I almost gave my two away last summer along with a garage full of spares accumulated over twelve years to buy a Beta.  If you still have the plastic subframe thats not helping either.  Good luck with that.

Good luck as well if you think beta is going to be any better than gasgas. Around here I find ktm is the only brand that gets decent resale. Over the years i find it seems best to keep your bike for 2 years , that way( at least around here ) you maximize your return and max your usage

Good luck as well if you think beta is going to be any better than gasgas. Around here I find ktm is the only brand that gets decent resale. Over the years i find it seems best to keep your bike for 2 years , that way( at least around here ) you maximize your return and max your usage

I didn't buy it for resale, I never care about that as I usually keep bikes for a few years.  I just couldn't put up with all the problems and poor quality nonsense anymore and cut my losses for a better bike, and it was a good move.  I do think however that the Beta will over time develop a decent resale, due to the good reputation, high demand, and aftermarket currently in full development mode.  Much the same can be said for Sherco. 

• Like 1

Hey i dont buy for resale either, was only commenting on your ongoing negative posts ,and pointing out beta is no better at present and obviously has no past in enduro to go from.

Btw you do know there is a beta forum here ?

Hey i dont buy for resale either, was only commenting on your ongoing negative posts ,and pointing out beta is no better at present and obviously has no past in enduro to go from.

Btw you do know there is a beta forum here ?

Your a little sensitive don't you think?  What I was getting at was that was a high asking price for a '13 without the subframe upgrade.  No spin just the way it is and always has been.  The upgrade kits were offered to '12/'13 owners at a discount, not sure if thats still the case.

And these prices/deals are available where?

These deals are out there, search them out . not to many dealers on the east coast.

I had a gas gas once and it was a pos. I sold it for a big loss 6 months after I bought it new.

Good story....

• Like 1

I guess that all depends.. There's something of a rush to buy Beta 2 strokes particularly locally. The used Beta 2 strokes especially are super high where I'm at. I just ran into a guy who I don't know who knew I had a Beta 300rr and told me there are at least 10 guys that want to buy new Beta 2 stroke enduros... and most ex ktm owners. I'm not sure how accurate that is but I would say it's in the ballpark. A few of the hardcore local top riders that were hardcore honda, ktm and yamaha 2 stroke had little test rides from friends that bought Beta and now it's sold out..The word is out. They are waiting for 15's. This guy was asking if he should get a 250 or a 300. This is now been a common occurence for me lately . I'm super happy with myBeta but I've always liked gasgas too and the 15's look beautiful. It's so strange to me that gasgas has had suck a bad resale. It doesn't make sense because the bikes are great to me.. The sad thing is I thought it would be great to buy gasgas a year or 2 old because it's such a great deal. I heard of a low hour gasgas 250 estart that went for under 5k.. The guy didn't care he just wanted some money for his kid or something... I would have snapped that up in a minute and saved a couple of grand on my Beta.. but I am happy where I am with bikes.. actually I still have my old 01 gasgas 300 that I have to fix up and sell.. too many bikes.  To me put the gasgas up for sale and just see where it goes.. That's a new bike and a good bike to me..just do like always systematically drop the price a couple hundred and wait. Take a lot of nice pictures...post  and make sure the bike looks pristine and emphasize the new low hour status and saving big money on a new one cause really that is what it is.. a great deal for a great bike with a bunch of mods already on the bike and it's ready to ride.. That's all you can do ..