Sign in to follow this  

07 CRF250 not starting HELP!

Hey guys, im having issues with starting my bike its just had a new top end rebuild (with a vertex high compression piston kit) and valve re-shim now my bike wont start the guy who done the work for me was convinced it was all working well after he did the work for me, when i picked the bike up i bump started it and it running ok but the kick start doesn't fire the bike up, its backfired a few times during kicking it over. the mechanic told me i would need a new spark plug (as one he used was from an old bike that he was breaking) so i purchased a new plug.

im not entirely convinced that he has done everything i asked him to do (valve re-shim, top end, re-jetted) im not sure which one of these is causing the problem but it was working fine before

also since i installed a high compression piston i gathered that the kickstart would be much harder (but as ive read on forums not always the means) but not sure how it works with HC Pistons, but i don't really want the same guy to look at the bike as if he didn't do what i paid him to do he doesn't really know what hes doing, is there anything anyone can suggest i can do?

thanks in advance

Edited by supergimp2000

Sounds like timing isn't set right or you valve clearances are tight. Fairly simple fixes if it is.