Sign in to follow this  

Full exhaust or slip-on

Looking for a good exhaust system like fmf.. not too loud, but good performance. I don't know whether to go with a slip on or go all the way and get a full exhaust, it's kind of expensive. What to do?

Go with a full system, the main restriction in the S/SM models is the head pipe. So if you just get a slip on you aren't gaining any performance, just noise.

• Like 1

Looking for a good exhaust system like fmf.. not too loud, but good performance. I don't know whether to go with a slip on or go all the way and get a full exhaust, it's kind of expensive. What to do?

A slip-on is pretty much for noise/sound change. You will get very little or no performance gain from just a slip-on. A full exhaust is much more worth it.

Edited by plankk
  • Like 2

A slip-on is pretty much for noise/sound change. You will get very little or no performance gain from just a slip-on. A full exhaust is much more worth it.

I've been saying this for years , to the Uneducated .

Full System works

• Like 4

So from what I've seen on this thread full is the way to go but yoshimura or msd? Just teasing don't answer that. But if you do answer, what kinda oil you use?

stupid auto correct mrd

LSD?  I hear interesting things.   :D

Tis pretty much up to you m8,  i think they are both good,  kinda comes down to which you like better,  theres graphs on here showing the MRD has more power on top me thinks,  while other graphs show the yosh having more mid range power,   both would be a nice upgrade over stock,  i have the MRD shorty  system,  and man,  its a great set up,  pulls really hard and is fast. 

• Like 3

LSD? I hear interesting things. :D

Tis pretty much up to you m8, i think they are both good, kinda comes down to which you like better, theres graphs on here showing the MRD has more power on top me thinks, while other graphs show the yosh having more mid range power, both would be a nice upgrade over stock, i have the MRD shorty system, and man, its a great set up, pulls really hard and is fast.

Thats what I've seen so far is that yosh is good mid and MRD is good high. But if your dealing with a built motor MRD is the way to go. I'm running stock 400 with a jet kit and yosh pipes. But then again I'm sporting an S so I can cruise to work and hit the trails hard. My sm buddy(with MRD and big bore) can smoke me on the street but has a fun time keeping up with me on trails but then again I've got 50/50 and he's running street tires
  • Like 1

Thats what I've seen so far is that yosh is good mid and MRD is good high. But if your dealing with a built motor MRD is the way to go. I'm running stock 400 with a jet kit and yosh pipes. But then again I'm sporting an S so I can cruise to work and hit the trails hard. My sm buddy(with MRD and big bore) can smoke me on the street but has a fun time keeping up with me on trails but then again I've got 50/50 and he's running street tires

Well a heavier SM shod with street tyres is always going to more of a challenge to ride fast off road...

The only time an RS2 is going to be better than a Z-Pro (ssw/mrd) is for a few hundred rpm around the 5,000 rpm mark....

The Z-Pro will keep producing power for another 1000 rpm past where an RS2 would have said good night...

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 2