Sign in to follow this  

Manual clutch kit in klx110 how much to ugh ten the screws?

I just went to put in my manual clutch on my klx110 2012 model and it worked then wouldn't drive at all would just rev, so how much do I tighten in the clutch spring bolts?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399157420.467169.jpg

What pressure or how much do I tighten them in?

If I tighten it to much, you click it into gear and it stalls like the clutch isn't even in.

I did the tbolt install on my sons 2011 kx110 a few weeks ago. I didnt take the clutch apart. I only removed the bolt behind the bearing.

The torque specs for the bolt behind the bearing is 53 ft lbs

The torque specs for the clutch bolts are 30 inch lbs. 

Now I had the same problem you did but since I did not remove the clutch bolts all I had to  re-torqued was the bolt that holds the entire assembly to 48 ft lbs.

After that the cable adjustment was very sensitive. I posted 2 pictures to show you where I have it set.   I added a bolt I had laying around to lock it in. 

20140505_092629.jpg

20140505_092703.jpg

Edited by Taco13

I did the tbolt install on my sons 2011 kx110 a few weeks ago. I didnt take the clutch apart. I only removed the bolt behind the bearing.

The torque specs for the bolt behind the bearing is 53 ft lbs

The torque specs for the clutch bolts are 30 inch lbs.

Now I had the same problem you did but since I did not remove the clutch bolts all I had to re-torqued was the bolt that holds the entire assembly to 48 ft lbs.

After that the cable adjustment was very sensitive. I posted 2 pictures to show you where I have it set. I added a bolt I had laying around to lock it in.

how old is your son? He must be strong because I put this kit in and it tires my hand out in like 20 mins...

how old is your son? He must be strong because I put this kit in and it tires my hand out in like 20 mins...

LOL hes 8. He just drops the clutch. 

• Like 1

haha. How does he shift? Does the clutch seem hard to you?

He shifts the same way. Drops the clutch. For the size of the clutch and bike I do feel its on the hard side. Maybe thats why people go hydro clutch on this bike.

• Like 1