Sign in to follow this  

eBay radiators?

Go to the search bar and type in eBay radiators.

Btw welcome to TT sir

Will do. I just hope this thing does not kill me. Rode street and track days for years but MX spooks me a bit

Yeah mx def takes time and a lot if practice. Having the right gear it very very important.

Make sure you get the oversized radiators that are being sold in the states if you live here.

Edited by Diggla117

I just mounted a set yesterday, fit was pretty good. Get a little longer bolts for the shrouds where they mount to the radiators on the bottom. 6x16 is stock, 6x18 or 6x20. Oh they went on an '08.

I have a set of GPI RAD and a overflow reservoir, they fit perfect and bike never overheated again.

something different from the oem ones is the position of the cap when its closed (look at the picture)

My bike is a 07 450r

jcl1DSa.jpg

I have them on 2 of my bikes with zero issues. I use GPI Racing ones and their silicone hoses.

I just installed a set on my bike this past Monday. Also got the red silicone hoses. 

However I didnt get them from ebay, i ordered them direct from Feeda Cooling ( http://www.feedacooling.com/index.php?route=common/home) since i'm in San Diego and they are in Riverside (about a 45 min to hour drive if that). 

I gotta say, i was very impressed. I order them Thursday morning and UPS delivered them Friday morning, so less than 24 hours from ordering to delivery. They were very well packaged and upon opening them, i noticed the radiators had a GPImotocross.com sticker on them....so i went to the site and saw the same rads for less than what i paid... :lame: ...until i realized that i wasnt factoring in the shipping, so I actually got a pretty damn good deal from Feeda. plus they come with a 1 year warranty from the Feeda Cooling place (supposedly). 

Anyway, I was worried about the install (hearing all sorts of nightmare stories about them) and once i got to it, I realized that they bolted up just fine. Like someone said before, get a bit longer screw/bolt for the bottom shroud/rad mount but besides that they are fine. 

I also noticed that they make your shrouds a bit wider (or at least it appears that way) which is also a plus in my book. 

My only concern now is fitting an IMS 3.2 desert tank on the bike with these things on. Hopefully the tank clears and the new rads dont interfere with it....if they do i'll have to get creative i guess. 

20140507_112345_zps9eb3be69.jpg

20140507_112355_zps2f1a365c.jpg

20140507_112435_zps8b9fa1a7.jpg

as for the hoses, no issues either. i did have to trim some of the hoses, but that happens with ANY hose set you buy.

all in all, i am very happy with the rads and hoses....just waiting to finish the rest of the bike so i can test them out. 

I am also running a 1.6 rad cap instead of the factory Honda cap or the one that came with the rads. All my buddies switched over to the 1.6 and said it completely eliminated any pissing of coolant when they ride. 

edit; the only thing i am worried about with these rads is the bottom part of the left side (gear side). it sticks out a lot more than my stock one did and i am worried about rocks flying up and hitting it or cracking it....so i may have to fab some kind of skidplate to cover it. 

20140507_112410_zps8af78421.jpg

Edited by imd450

imd450, you will have no issues with an IMS tank. I run an IMS tank and GPI Rads on my '04 CRF450R and '07 KX450F.

:thumbsup:  sweet thanks! 

• Like 1

those look monsterous!

wo-oooo GODZILLA! a little humor in the morning. they're bigger for sure, but they work and they are cheap $$. they are strong too, like putting crash bars on. those things are $55 from GPI on their website, damn I just paid $70 w/shipping off of ebay, but mine are polished "BLING-BLING".

Haha that moment when everybody ends a trail and are talking about where to go next.. I'm always looking around waiting for the other bikes to start spewing while so relaxed knowing mine are golden.

• Like 1

I just installed a set on my bike this past Monday. Also got the red silicone hoses. 

However I didnt get them from ebay, i ordered them direct from Feeda Cooling ( http://www.feedacooling.com/index.php?route=common/home) since i'm in San Diego and they are in Riverside (about a 45 min to hour drive if that). 

I gotta say, i was very impressed. I order them Thursday morning and UPS delivered them Friday morning, so less than 24 hours from ordering to delivery. They were very well packaged and upon opening them, i noticed the radiators had a GPImotocross.com sticker on them....so i went to the site and saw the same rads for less than what i paid... :lame: ...until i realized that i wasnt factoring in the shipping, so I actually got a pretty damn good deal from Feeda. plus they come with a 1 year warranty from the Feeda Cooling place (supposedly). 

Anyway, I was worried about the install (hearing all sorts of nightmare stories about them) and once i got to it, I realized that they bolted up just fine. Like someone said before, get a bit longer screw/bolt for the bottom shroud/rad mount but besides that they are fine. 

I also noticed that they make your shrouds a bit wider (or at least it appears that way) which is also a plus in my book. 

My only concern now is fitting an IMS 3.2 desert tank on the bike with these things on. Hopefully the tank clears and the new rads dont interfere with it....if they do i'll have to get creative i guess. 

20140507_112345_zps9eb3be69.jpg

20140507_112355_zps2f1a365c.jpg

20140507_112435_zps8b9fa1a7.jpg

as for the hoses, no issues either. i did have to trim some of the hoses, but that happens with ANY hose set you buy.

all in all, i am very happy with the rads and hoses....just waiting to finish the rest of the bike so i can test them out. 

I am also running a 1.6 rad cap instead of the factory Honda cap or the one that came with the rads. All my buddies switched over to the 1.6 and said it completely eliminated any pissing of coolant when they ride. 

edit; the only thing i am worried about with these rads is the bottom part of the left side (gear side). it sticks out a lot more than my stock one did and i am worried about rocks flying up and hitting it or cracking it....so i may have to fab some kind of skidplate to cover it. 

20140507_112410_zps8af78421.jpg

Is that a kx85 cap?

I bought a 1.6 kx85 cap for mine fits perfect read it fits on here.

does anyone have pics of them on a 9-12?

my stock ones are nearly FUBAR.

I just bought the ASI's for $74.00 for the '08 I am building http://www.ebay.com/itm/190883211135?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They arrived today and to me they look and feel like very solid, very robust radiators. They are good looking radsI haven't found any horrible feedback on them. JJRace has had a set or 2 and gave them good feedback so I am going to give them a shot. If they fall short I am not going to be broken up over 75 bucks. .

Edited by mrmoto35

I bought Mishimoto hose kit for around $20. they had a closeout, off the website. the crossover hose bib on the left radiator is too close to the frame, easy tweak.

Is that a kx85 cap?

I bought a 1.6 kx85 cap for mine fits perfect read it fits on here.

does anyone have pics of them on a 9-12?

my stock ones are nearly FUBAR.

not sure if its specifically for the kx85, but i know for certain its a Kawasaki part. 

my buddy got it for me since he swears by it. 

on the box it says;

KAWASAKI P# 49085-1073

on another note, I finally rode the bike around my 'hood' yesterday to test out the new rads...all i gotta say is WOW!  :banana:

prior to the new rads, the bike would run hot if i was in 1st or 2nd gear putting around with little air flow. and unfortunately I never had the Factory FX temp sticker on before. but now with the new rads and Kawi rad cap, i had zero boil over and according to the temp sticker, my bike ran right between 158-171 degrees...which honestly doesnt sound right but would be freakin sweet if true. 

regardless, it honestly felt like the bike ran cooler with even the smallest amount of air flow...unlike before. however if sitting at a complete stop in idle, it still gets hot (just not as quick). 

Edited by imd450