Sign in to follow this  

1999 CR 250 Wont Run After Rebuild

Hi there. I recently rebuilt a 1999 CR 250 from the ground up. I put a new JD Jetting Keihin Airstryker 38mm carb on and had changed the reeds also. I ran 2 tanks of non synthetic fuel through it at 24:1. 

I changed my exhaust packing, changed oil plus mixed new fuel at 40:1. The bike kicked over after a long time of kicking it over. I had to start with the fuel off choke on and when it started I would turn the fuel on. Now the bike will not even start.

What is up with this? I have tried testing for spark I have spark. I have also tried a new plug. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated

Check your jets. And carb see if it's gummed up from your ultra rich couple of cycles. I'd also check your fuel air mix screw and your idle screw on your carb. My 02 cr 250 after a complete rebuild from the ground up took like 80 kicks to go. And I did everything to it man. Crank- top end. All bearing . Seals. Everything. And you should run 32-1 for first 2-3 tanks of gas. Then. 40-1 . That's what I did and mine runs like a too now. Keep me posted buddy.

Check your jets. And carb see if it's gummed up from your ultra rich couple of cycles. I'd also check your fuel air mix screw and your idle screw on your carb. My 02 cr 250 after a complete rebuild from the ground up took like 80 kicks to go. And I did everything to it man. Crank- top end. All bearing . Seals. Everything. And you should run 32-1 for first 2-3 tanks of gas. Then. 40-1 . That's what I did and mine runs like a too now. Keep me posted buddy.

Thanks. I did a similar build. Everything is new. I have been through kicking it over so much to get it going. I am going too try a few things tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes