Sign in to follow this  

Whats it worth guys?

Ok ive got a 1986 Honda xr250r. I got it in crap condition and have put over 50 hours of work into restoration. Its not completely done yet but im wondering what it will be worth when I am finished! :rolleyes:

Here's the things ive done to it:

-New front wheel bearings and seals. Brand new dual sport tire!

-New rear wheel bearings and seals. Also a brand new tire! Dual sport.

-Redone front forks with new seals and bushings! New boots also

-Rear shock reoiled and recharged! And repainted with a redone spring

-Whole frame was hand sanded and painted with automotive silver paint

-All plastics were redone to look modern

-Engine cylinder head was completely fixed and redone. It was cracked now it was fixed (weld), heat treated, new valves with new seats recut costing 540$ was done by a 50+ year professional

-New cam chain 80$

-New piston and cylinder bored to 74mm 175$

-Some new gears inside the engine cases

-All new gaskets 56$

-ricky stator rewound mine for 100$

-engine was walnut (as opposed to sand) blasted and painted

-new clutch cables and handles... along with new clutch discs

-redone carb cleaned with new cables

-tusk wiring harness with all the switches

-polisport headlight with a 55 watt upgrade

-acerbis rear brake light

-Turn signals rear only

I think I got everything I did to it... honestly its like a new bike! I've put a lot of dedication into the bike but was just curious what someone would pay for it. Im probably keeping it but if I could get a right price id sell it. I have over 1500 in parts and 50 or more hours of labor :lol:

1500  :lol:  just kidding depends on the person looking at it. After i got finished with mine i knew i'd never get what i had invested parts only, so i'll ride 3 grand off it then sell it for 1200.00  :lol:

Ive asked this question before and ill prob keep the bike but im always just curious what ppl would pay

• Like 1

I paid $1450 for a nice low hour 1996 XR600 with plates. Didn't need work, factory finish and original plastics. Lots of upgrades like aftermarket exhaust and lighting system. I don't think I underpaid by much.

What's your bike worth? Less.

Dont have a finished pic as its still being assembled. I said in the original post it wasn't complete yet. O well I guess I will just keep it :) I love the bike and it means a lot to me! I like seeing what the number value is though

it's worth what it's condition warrants, reguardless of what you put in it. That means about $1200. Remember a "restoration" is making it resemble what it was new. Not your vision of what a 86 XR should be (custom colors, graphics, etc.). A refurbished bike is worth less than a true restoration.

Dont have a finished pic as its still being assembled. I said in the original post it wasn't complete yet. O well I guess I will just keep it :) I love the bike and it means a lot to me! I like seeing what the number value is though

Once you put numerous hours into scrubbing, sanding , polishing , repainting , tearing every tiny piece down and cleaning oiling reassembling you will feel like it's worth a lot , more than what most will pay . I do it just because i enjoy doing it and spend more money on them than i intend to  :banghead:  But in the end you know exactly what you have and everything is done to your liking . Do like i do RIDE IT , eventually someone will come up talking to you about it saying i've always wanted one of those , if they really want it they will pay you for it.  :thumbsup: 

Ya I do feel as though its worth a lot more! But I could always keep it around for that right buyer or to pass down to my future son or daughter! I do like the bike and I know it inside and out now so I guess that makes it easier to fix. I probably only could get 1500 max for it anyways if I really tried so might as well ride it like I stole it ;) thanks guys I really appreciate the input :)

• Like 1

See what they're selling for on ebay.  That's a pretty solid indication of the market value, especially if there were several bidders.

I was going to post a new thread, but instead Ill ask this question here:

What is my 1989 XR250 worth?

-Title in hand. Plated, street legal in NJ

-280cc big bore kit w/ 34mm mikuni pumper carb

-1997 XR400 front forks installed

-2002 XR400 rear shock installed

-1990 XR250 rear disc brake installed

-Fully uncorked

-Excellent mechanical condition, no problems

-Above average cosmetic condition

-Taken care of and serviced at regular intervals.

Edited by Mikepagjr

Nice bike! Id give 2k for it most likely now knowing the value of my bike

Nice bike! Id give 2k for it most likely now knowing the value of my bike

2K?!?! thats alot more than i was expecting.

Can anyone else give some input? The bike is for sale btw.

2K?!?! thats alot more than i was expecting.

Can anyone else give some input? The bike is for sale btw.

$1000-1500 around here IF it shows well (Looks good).

$1000-1500 around here IF it shows well (Looks good).

Sold it for 1500 yesterday :)