Sign in to follow this  

My YZ325

Hey buckettim! What all are you running in yours?Where in Ca. do you live?I'm in San Luis Obispo County.Your bike looks awesome!I'm loving my 325! I just got back from doin' some Moto!

001.JPG

004.JPG

• Like 1

I'm running an FMF Fatty on my bike.I think I've got the jetting down pretty good,but I may go out to the riverbed tomorrow and try the stock silencer,an FMF Shorty,and an FMF Turbinecore,back to back to back.

I haven't seen any Dyno results,but I would guess not on both fronts.But I'm just guessing.

Cool bike.......for moto as well as offroad.

As to the lighter weight a....

2014: YZ 450 245 Lbs. Wet

$8,490

Spec: 58 peak HP

2014: YZ 250 227 Lbs. Wet

$7,150 plus ESR 325 Big Bore $800 = $7,950

Used $3K to $6K

Est Spec: 55 peak HP (My bike is about 52 peak HP with FMF, Vortex, Moto Tassinari Reed Valve, High Compression Piston and Porting)

Thats 18 Lbs. less plus an estimated 20 Lbs. less when the Gyroscopic effect is accounted for, total estimated feel-while-riding difference 38 LBS!

I have yet to get a big bore my YZ 250 but will. The Rekluse EXP is an outstanding performance upgrade and a huge step toward better traction as well as better use of existing horsepower and torque.

You guys on here that have biged bore might go out and get you a simple graphic YZ 300 or YZ 325 and sitick it on the bike some where. I did this on my old WR250 which I big bored with an Athena 290 and called it a WR 300. Guys were always asking when did Yamaha build a 300! It was gratifying to tell them I have one of very few and left it at that!

I believe Yamaha could pick up a LOT of new SALES if they would do this. If you did not know Yamaha Motorsports is selling the big bore Athena kit for the YZ 250 to be a 300 but it is $1250 unlike Eddie Sanders Racing (ESR)  325 for $800 which is a far better deal.

Would like to hear more about the torque and how a twist of the throttle alows you to come out of a turn and then triple like a 450 does. I have read that a flywheel is very helpful with the 250 and would like an opinion if you put one on your 325, let us know?

http://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/

Edited by sdTony
  • Like 1

002.JPGsdTony.....look closely at my side numberplates! If you click on the photo,it gets larger(in case you didn't know).

Edited by flapwick
  • Like 1

I've got about 6 hours on my 325 now.I find that I'm no longer afraid of my rear wheel kicking out uncontrollably,my front end reaching for the clouds off jumps, or my throttle hand getting tired from having to control the throttle so minutely.I crank the throttle and my bike just digs in and goes.I have alot more confidence now coming out of corners and into big jumps,and whereas before I always wanted to be perfectly straight entering a jump face,I can now confidently come in a little leaned over or at an angle and still come off the lip in good form.I am a 52 year old Vet Novice,so I have set up the bike for the way I ride......48 tooth rear sprocket,8 oz. GYTR flywheel,and even though I only ride Motocross tracks,I got the Woods porting on my 325.My bike also has an FMF Fatty,VForce Reeds,and a Boyesen X-Wing.Contrary to popular wisdom,I also have a quick turn throttle,for hand positioning comfort,as I don't reposition my hand alot.I have NO IDEA how much of a beast this 325 would be without the flywheel weight or the smaller rear sprocket(or MX porting instead of Woods).My bike is now a 3-stroke.More torque and linear smoothness like a 4-stroke,and still light and zippy and very easy to work on like a 2-stroke.I absolutely,positively prefer the 325 over the 250.

Thanks for the review flapwick....you articulate well, the riding experience.

(I find that I'm no longer afraid of my rear wheel kicking out uncontrollably)

- Yes I do not mind some throttle control but there is a lot to be said for USER friendly power (the pros have it)

- I am over 50 as well and the Rekluse helps a lot with this effect but an ever so slightly bigger piston sounds like an even better performance upgrade

- I also went to a 120/19 over a 110/90 Rear Tire that helped it grab better out of turns and greatly reduce the breakout effect  

(my front end reaching for the clouds off jumps)

- When I swtiched from the Four-stroke to the Two-stroke I noticed this

(or my throttle hand getting tired from having to control the throttle so minutely)

- experienced this as well and had used the G2 Throttle on my old bike with 10% less throw, it is noticable

- it seems the factory throttle twist is a long throw and you have to regrip with your hand, this was much easier

http://www.g2ergo.com/store/g2-throttle-cam-system/

(I crank the throttle and my bike just digs in and goes)

- Nice......

(I have alot more confidence now coming out of corners and into big jumps,and whereas before I always wanted to be perfectly straight entering a jump face,I can now confidently come in a little leaned over or at an angle and still come off the lip in good form)

- I can relate

- I like the term 3-Stroke

- I consider 4-Strokes Fat (maybe 40 additional parts in the top end) and Obsolete vs a 2-Stroke with yet to come Direct Injection (but presently available from Ski-Doo in snowmobile's)

- I like Yamaha but I will publicly tell them these points

---- I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO A 20Lb HEAVIER bike with about the same HP (+ or - 5 hp)

----$1,100 more more money for new bike cost

----Then to top it off every 3 years $1,100 vs $150 Top End Rebuild

Are you listening YAMAHA?

Build a 300 or 350 2-Stroke (Direct Injection) in an upgraded Chassis!

YOU will sell more BIKES, grow your market share and make more money!

Edited by sdTony
  • Like 3

Thanks for the kind words.I find that I speak and relate things in more of a picture form than technical accuracy(for better or worse).My friend just gave me a brand new Bridgestone M402A 120/80-19 rear tire,but I don't want this bike to mellow out any more than it is right now.It is near perfect and if anything,I could see adding one tooth to the back,for just a tiny tad more pizzaz.

Esr is working on a 325 kit for the 02-07 cr250s as well. I just got a like new 04. Reading these reviews really makes me want to pick one up. Could be the most usable bike out there

I love beating up on 250fs in the motocross races though. Id have to inagine pro circuit porting, 52+/- hp would be holeshot city

• Like 1

So I took her out yesterday and my biggest complaint is it's slow to rev from low to mid, this drove me crazy when I was going in and out of a corner. Now mid-range to top was amazing. I haven't played with the carb yet so I don't know if it's a timing issue (never touched it)So here is my set up.

2013 YZ250

ESR 325 kit pump dome

Lectron shorty carb

Scanvilli exhaust

VForce 3 no spacer

I'm waiting on my Vortex ignition and race gas dome

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399340939.975447.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399340996.075392.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399341073.374760.jpg

MX or woods porting?I've heard removing the spacer gives it more top end,but I don't know how much it affects the low end.I can say for a fact,that the Boyesen XWing gave my bike(in 250 form)an instant burst off the bottom and better throttle response everywhere.It's in my 325,but I haven't tried my 325 without it,so I have no comparison.I would assume it does the same thing.My bike is a little slow to rev,but I have a GYTR 8 oz flywheel,and a 48 rear sprocket.I wish it had just a little more quickness,but I don't want to lose the smooth feel.I may play with the stock flywheel and an 11 oz Steahly,as that has less effect than the 8 oz. GYTR.

I don't know the numbers: horse power~ torque,  but  I do know one thing, Im pulling hole shots with 450s an im being passed by riders not bikes now. I am beating 450 riders I couldn't catch before. The 325 defiantly gives you a step up from the 250 an is way more fun to ride! best per $ mod ever  outside suspension!

So I took her out yesterday and my biggest complaint is it's slow to rev from low to mid, this drove me crazy when I was going in and out of a corner. Now mid-range to top was amazing. I haven't played with the carb yet so I don't know if it's a timing issue (never touched it)So here is my set up.

2013 YZ250

ESR 325 kit pump dome

Lectron shorty carb

Scanvilli exhaust

VForce 3 no spacer

I'm waiting on my Vortex ignition and race gas dome

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399340939.975447.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399340996.075392.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399341073.374760.jpg

Its got to be a carb setting, evin with a flywheel weight  I think I have swallowed some of my fillings!  

• Like 1