Sign in to follow this  

seems i cant catch a break

god ole mighty.....

went down AGAIN today running a local series

went into triple and came in a little fast (passing for 1st place)

came over and bottomed out rear end jumped up kicked out and DOWNNNNN i go...

i jumped up and finished 5th overall miraculously.

broke my right ring finger on the left side of the little joint knuckle.

&%$#@!ing orthopedic surgeon here i come now.

have had some bad luck these past 2 weeks. now i guess ill take the time off to get my head straight again. (not that i want to, but have to i guess)

thinking about uploading pics but a little blood dont wanna scare anyone lol

IDK, seems like you caught a couple of breaks!!!!

yea i thought about that after i posted topic....

seems to me so... damn i dont want one anymore!

Pictures - finger was stuck after race. Real fun getting it straight... NOT

Doc had to rip it straight pretty much

I was like a little princess the whole time!

Got it splinter now get to meet with the orthopedic surgeon monday.

Broke right on the inside of joint at tendon.

Yay me?

1399184566059.jpg

1399184587137.jpg

1399184600711.jpg

Ya just gotta remember whats important. Dont get caught in the moment. Living to ride another day is more important to me then hitting that jump, or making that pass. If its too close to call, err on the side of safety the majority of the time.

Ill gladly give up 5 seconds here and there by being conservative instead of losing 5 months here and there by serious injuries.

Not everyone agrees but thats how i approach it now. Time on the bike instead of crutches and the couch.

• Like 1

Ya just gotta remember whats important. Dont get caught in the moment. Living to ride another day is more important to me then hitting that jump, or making that pass. If its too close to call, err on the side of safety the majority of the time.

Ill gladly give up 5 seconds here and there by being conservative instead of losing 5 months here and there by serious injuries.

Not everyone agrees but thats how i approach it now. Time on the bike instead of crutches and the couch.

I agree. Past week I have taken a few hard spills. This one being a huge one. I was lucky enough to just face should finger slide and not have to bail.

When I went over I went to scrub didn't get it in time so didn't commit. Which was fine. But with so much speed I over shot went off line up shifted landed perfect but a little off camber. Not on throttle and it was done. At least I placed though. I'm out for awhile now and when I come back I am going to take it easy. No more go big. Now I have to miss work etc.. never a good deal. But... it was fun. Got a hell of a throb and shoulder is real sore and rash but hell. Bet the fans enjoyed my get up and go!

I race but, i know im not going anywhere in the sport. So just try to keep it fun and live to ride another day. I am constantly trying to improve and push myself so its a bit of a balance act.

I race but, i know im not going anywhere in the sport. So just try to keep it fun and live to ride another day. I am constantly trying to improve and push myself so its a bit of a balance act.

ok, i agree. i know i wont be a vp or bubba etc.. but i always love winning. i need to balance the fact that winning doesnt bring the bread home... i do haha

• Like 1

I don't race anymore, but if I did I would be the jambcar!

Yup, see how many guys you could keep behind you.

Lmbo.

You know, get to a steep hill and just stop when you get to the top and set there.

Lol

Just joking!

I don't race anymore, but if I did I would be the jambcar!

Yup, see how many guys you could keep behind you.

Lmbo.

You know, get to a steep hill and just stop when you get to the top and set there.

Lol

Just joking!

What's funny is when I was racing C I had a guy do that and I just got into c and ran him over. He nor I finished the race. Wasn't funny then as I was looking to fight. But now it is hilarious... no one was hurt.

Now I push way to hard to prove to no one but myself. And I'm a hard trainer on myself!

• Like 1