Lectron carbs are everything everyone has been saying they are

Got an 09 wr300. Had a Keihin. It was ok but I thought it was a given that endless fiddling with it was just a fact of life. Even then I don't feel like I ever got that "sweet" spot. I go anywhere from 0 feet sea level to 3500 and 40 degrees to 90 degree weather. The lectron is truely a "set it and forget it" carb. Right out of the box I didnt do anything to it. Jut installed it. Thing fired right up within two kicks and just got a gentle "pop pop pop" sound. There no miss anywhere. Its extremely linear. Almost deceptive. It almost feels like you lost power but you didnt. Its all there with a simple twist. Just very electric. Its almost hard to explain. Its like its a 4 stroke type power yet you are on a two stroke, Its like you have all the benefits of both worlds. Plus anywhere from 20-30 percent more fuel efficiency. Pulled spark plug off and its a nice dark chocolate brown color. Mind you I haven't don't a single adjustment to this carb. Its almost as if its as close you will get to efi on a two stroke. Every two stroke of mine going forward will now have one of these things.

• Like 1

Got an 09 wr300. Had a Keihin. It was ok but I thought it was a given that endless fiddling with it was just a fact of life. Even then I don't feel like I ever got that "sweet" spot. I go anywhere from 0 feet sea level to 3500 and 40 degrees to 90 degree weather. The lectron is truely a "set it and forget it" carb. Right out of the box I didnt do anything to it. Jut installed it. Thing fired right up within two kicks and just got a gentle "pop pop pop" sound. There no miss anywhere. Its extremely linear. Almost deceptive. It almost feels like you lost power but you didnt. Its all there with a simple twist. Just very electric. Its almost hard to explain. Its like its a 4 stroke type power yet you are on a two stroke, Its like you have all the benefits of both worlds. Plus anywhere from 20-30 percent more fuel efficiency. Pulled spark plug off and its a nice dark chocolate brown color. Mind you I haven't don't a single adjustment to this carb. Its almost as if its as close you will get to efi on a two stroke. Every two stroke of mine going forward will now have one of these things.

If your getting better performance and 25%  better average  fuel economy from a thirty year old carb design over a pwk as2 you don't know how to jet a carb properly.

• Like 1

If your getting better performance and 25%  better average  fuel economy from a thirty year old carb design over a pwk as2 you don't know how to jet a carb properly.

i've heard statements similar to vseks from many people about the lectron.  i know for a fact that some of these bikes were jetted pretty well.  maybe you can call dwight rudder and tell him that he can't jet a bike, all the national h&h titles don't mean shit, cause if he thinks the lectron is STILL the goods then he must be an idiot as well. right?  the Lectron has never gotten a bad comment from anyone, whether it's some local bozo or a multi-time national champ.  maybe they got it right all those years ago and kept their technology for themselves and that's why it hasn't gone mainstream.  whatever the reason, you sound kinda dumb,.......so yeah, later.

Edited by schrode
  • Like 2

i've heard statements similar to vseks from many people about the lectron.  i know for a fact that some of these bikes were jetted pretty well.  maybe you can call dwight rudder and tell him that he can't jet a bike, all the national h&h titles don't mean shit, cause if he thinks the lectron is STILL the goods then he must be an idiot as well. right?  the Lectron has never gotten a bad comment from anyone, whether it's some local bozo or a multi-time national champ.  maybe they got it right all those years ago and kept their technology for themselves and that's why it hasn't gone mainstream.  whatever the reason, you sound kinda dumb,.......so yeah, later.

You guys must feel pretty smug knowing your that your so much smarter that the top motocross and super cross team managers and  successful tuners of the  two stroke racing days. Hey Jeramy you wouldn't be such a looser if you used a Lectron. you too Emig  and Carmichael and on and on.Yeah schrode your a f'in genius alright. Why don't you slip into your spiderman\ metal mulisha little boys small pyjamas and run off to bed. Your being dumd comment speaks volumes about your maturity or lack thereof and based on that its way past your bedtime. The only secret technology shrode is hard work through testing the former being something I'm certain you know nothing about.

Edited by widebear

You guys must feel pretty smug knowing your that your so much smarter that the top motocross and super cross team managers and  successful tuners of the  two stroke racing days. Hey Jeramy you wouldn't be such a looser if you used a Lectron. you too Emig  and Carmichael and on and on.Yeah schrode your a f'in genius alright. Why don't you slip into your spiderman little boys small pyjamas and run off to bed. Your being dumd comment speaks volumes about your maturity or lack thereof. The only secret technology shrode is hard work through testing the former being something I'm certain you know nothing about.

that's what's  soo funny. many top pros in the 2t days have used the lectron but because they didn't have a kewl sticker on the swingarm you wouldn't know. besides the lectron isn't even about being able to jet it perfectly on a daily basis it's about having it working pretty damn well all the time without having to fiddle with it on a daily basis.  if you don't mind fiddling every day to match the conditions then save your money. but you know like i said why don't you IM Dwight and tell him what you think of the lectron and how it's inferior.  i say this because he is a former champ that has stated on this very forum, many times, that the lectron is one of the better bolt on upgrades you can do.  but no, you gotta think that if it isn't brand new then it can't be the best, being led around by the nose by twmx and worrying about what DD thinks of Barcias Vegas jersey. 

you wanna talk smug? you're the one that came on here and blasted an honest review with personal attacks of "you can't tune a carb, if blah blah blah".  that is the true definition of smug, thinking you're soo much smarter than someone else.  here's a freebie for you, "go ahead and let everyone think you're an idiot, rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt". don't know who said that originally but it fits this situation perfectly.

bottom line, if you think the lectron is inferior then don't buy one. most all the people i've spoken to or read about that actually have one think they're somewhere between a decent upgrade and downright awesome.  if you disagree, then post up why, them not being able to tune a carb, well that's just an idiot talkin'.

later.

_S

• Like 4

I own two Lectrons and after 40 odd years of playing with jets - needles - slides - carb boreing - polishing  ect ect ect  I have amassed a huge selection of jets / needles / slides and as far as I am concerned these are now just taking up valued workshop space !!

How anyone can state without even trying a Lectron that  people can not jet a carb properly is beyond me, I for one would never go back to a Mikuni or Keihin.

I  have read over and over claims of far better milage and dissmissed it as hype BUT its all true! No more tweeking air screws as the weather changes throughout the day, No more winter jetting issues, The benifits are endless 

Put one of my Lectrons on a friends Gas Gas a while back just so he could try it and he came back babbleing with excitment on just how so much better the bike he has loved and cherished for six odd years had just taken on a whole new identity , Pulled from nothing to a screaming top end like never before and I know his bike very well and was jetted perfectly for the day, Cant argue with results like that hey.

• Like 2

wow-had no idea i would start controversy from a simple review. lol

just stating my experience. Had my keihin working fairly good. Just I noticed it got finicky in different places. The lectron howver doesn't seem to care where you are or elevation/temps like my keihin did

• Like 1

After watching my (2 stroke) buddies adjust needles on the trail at the top of a mountain climb, only to descend several thousand feet over the next couple of hours and reset the whole problem, I would definitely be all in for the "set it and forget it" carb even if it didn't offer better performance.  If you are in the mountains you might do this dance several times a day.  Of course you could just get an efi 4 stroke and call it good.  Only costs you 30lbs. ?

After watching my (2 stroke) buddies adjust needles on the trail at the top of a mountain climb, only to descend several thousand feet over the next couple of hours and reset the whole problem, I would definitely be all in for the "set it and forget it" carb even if it didn't offer better performance.  If you are in the mountains you might do this dance several times a day.  Of course you could just get an efi 4 stroke and call it good.  Only costs you 30lbs. ?

some folks like to play with their bikes

Anybody remember the conventional + rotary valve intake system? Mid 70's stuff that had promise but I think they banned dual intake systems.  Seems Harry Everts ran a Puch to some success

Not dissing the Lectron but the Mikuni TMX on these Husky's come jetted very wrong. Float height too high, wrong nozzle, wrong needle, and the wrong pilot. Oddly the main was correct. I bought a JD kit and adjusted my float. Runs/starts much better now. :ride:

Not dissing the Lectron but the Mikuni TMX on these Husky's come jetted very wrong. Float height too high, wrong nozzle, wrong needle, and the wrong pilot. Oddly the main was correct. I bought a JD kit and adjusted my float. Runs/starts much better now. :ride:

you know it's funny 'cause the 300 that jeff brought out to the demo day a year or so ago he said was the most perfectly jetted out of the box he had seen. they all come with the same jetting but i think the molds for the casts must be so old that the specs aren't that tight when it comes to making the jugs and whatnot. only thing i can figure as to why the same bike, same year will take pretty wide variances in jetting. idk.

Hey, more power to them.  Not me though, simple and (especially) reliable machines make me all warm and fuzzy inside when thinking about them.

why you riding a 4-broke then? LOL

I tried a Lectron  carb on my 2008 Walt Smith CR 165 and even tho  Walt had taken the carb off his personal bike for me to try it for me did not perform as good as the stock Mikuni. I rode it and I raced it and after a few days went back to stock.But that is just me   I also purchased the Pro circuit / Zip ty racing

CR 300 which was raced at the 2 stroke Nationals A stock motor was reinstalled in the bike when I purchased it but it came with a Keihin carb But that carb was set up for the race motor I tried to rejet it and for me I could not get it to work So I installed a stock Mikuni off my 2006 WR 250 and the bike ran perfect I never even set or changed a thing 3 years later and a AMA National # 1 plate on the bike it still has the 2006 mikuni carb on it When we race the Nationals we race in different areas from below sea level to up around 8,000 feet I never change a thing.  As for the 2006 Wr 250 I traded the keihin for a old stock Mikuni Which works perfect on the 250

Most everyone who purchases a lectron loves them but there are a few of us who like the stock Mikuni  

Now what will I do when I get that new Husky TE 300

i've heard statements similar to vseks from many people about the lectron. i know for a fact that some of these bikes were jetted pretty well. maybe you can call dwight rudder and tell him that he can't jet a bike, all the national h&h titles don't mean shit, cause if he thinks the lectron is STILL the goods then he must be an idiot as well. right? the Lectron has never gotten a bad comment from anyone, whether it's some local bozo or a multi-time national champ. maybe they got it right all those years ago and kept their technology for themselves and that's why it hasn't gone mainstream. whatever the reason, you sound kinda dumb,.......so yeah, later.

Just because someone races and has earned National Titles does yes make him an expert. It does make him an expert rider who can probably adapt to anything he rides.

I tried a Lectron carb on my 2008 Walt Smith CR 165 and even tho Walt had taken the carb off his personal bike for me to try it for me did not perform as good as the stock Mikuni. I rode it and I raced it and after a few days went back to stock.But that is just me I also purchased the Pro circuit / Zip ty racing

CR 300 which was raced at the 2 stroke Nationals A stock motor was reinstalled in the bike when I purchased it but it came with a Keihin carb But that carb was set up for the race motor I tried to rejet it and for me I could not get it to work So I installed a stock Mikuni off my 2006 WR 250 and the bike ran perfect I never even set or changed a thing 3 years later and a AMA National # 1 plate on the bike it still has the 2006 mikuni carb on it When we race the Nationals we race in different areas from below sea level to up around 8,000 feet I never change a thing. As for the 2006 Wr 250 I traded the keihin for a old stock Mikuni Which works perfect on the 250

Most everyone who purchases a lectron loves them but there are a few of us who like the stock Mikuni

Now what will I do when I get that new Husky TE 300

My Mikuni works great on my 2013 WR-300

Just because someone races and has earned National Titles does yes make him an expert. It does make him an expert rider who can probably adapt to anything he rides.

no it doesn't automatically make him an expert but he's likely tuned more bikes than you'll ever throw a leg over. if you bother to read his threads about tuning and suspension setup you'll realize pretty quickly that he's a guy that knows how to tune, for himself at least.  if you couple his reviews with of the lectron along with the vast majority of all other reviews supplied by weekend riders it's not hard to believe that there is probably something good going on with it.  that is pretty cool.  

i have no problem with anyone not liking the lectron if you have tried it and don't like it i can accept that and would actually like to hear why, because honestly i've not heard anything bad about them and would be curious.  bike setups and riders vary greatly, maybe how you ride and what you ride make it so the lectron won't work so well for you. cool.

what i do have a problem with is someone coming on and blasting an opinion with insults when in all likelihood the one lodging the offensive remarks is the biggest idiot in the thread. 

so break with it. have you tried one? if so, what do you think?