DRZ 400 RHC Valve Train Stuff Wanted

Hi there, Im getting closer to finishing off my DRZ 462 build, Im not sure how Im going to get RHC stuff anymore, not sure if Eddie is trading as the RHC cams etc have been taken off his website, what Im after is an RHC 187 Inlet Cam (happy with keeping the E model B exhaust cam), RHC standard size valves and a full spring/retainer kit, has anyone got anything lying about or can recommend a good alternative, I want the thing to be bulletproof and still rideable in the trails, keeping the 39mm carb as well, I have a good road bike, don't need my DRZ to be the fastest in the world, just want tonnes of usable bulletproof power and torque. Cheers for any assistance in advance.

• 1 month later...

Emailed him a week ago no reply, might have to try webs

Might want to call him (which might be difficult due to your location).

Ron Hamp posted in one of the SSW threads and said Eddie really never ordered anything from him...

Give james509 a pm he will steer ya in the right direction. He's running web cams and doing just fine with his 485 monster

Yeh, I've read where even Ron gets his cams from them and then dials them to his specs.......

• Like 1

James has been hugely helpful with info, as well as a few other members, huge thanks to everyone who has given me/provided me with good advice on my build, my bike is brilliant, just a few jetting things to sort and it will be enjoyed for a while before I attack it again, cheers

• Like 1

Call Web, you will be talking to one of the two lady's that take orders and answer questions. Both are very friendly and very knowledgeable. The RHC187s are Web 947s.  If the 947 is a Hamp only grind, ask them to modify the grind a little to your specs. Maybe .005 more lift or a couple degrees less duration.They can custom grind about anything you want. A Web 540 grind with .020 less lift would be similar to the 187. The 539s if you could get them with about .030 less lift would work well and shouldn't have any contact problem with the seals. They would also give the powerband a nice hit at 7000 rpm without hurting the bottom end.

Edited by james509
  • Like 1

About springs, I've been using the Kibblewhite spring kit in my bike and a couple of others for quite a while now without any problems. Web sells the spring kit with titanium retainers for $140 bucks. The APE spring kit comes with titanium retainers for $100 but I think the springs are a bit stiffer than they need to be. Web also has Ferrea valves for $38 each.

• Like 1

Call Web, you will be talking to one of the two lady's that take orders and answer questions. Both are very friendly and very knowledgeable. The RHC187s are Web 947s.  If the 947 is a Hamp only grind, ask them to modify the grind a little to your specs. Maybe .005 more lift or a couple degrees less duration.They can custom grind about anything you want. A Web 540 grind with .020 less lift would be similar to the 187. The 539s if you could get them with about .030 less lift would work well and shouldn't have any contact problem with the seals. They would also give the powerband a nice hit at 7000 rpm without hurting the bottom end.

Cheers, do they have an email address, be a bit hard to call them being on the other side of the world, cant seem to find one on their website, I would be stoked with the 947 grind just the way they are if they are 187's or very close to, Im not looking to extract every last bit out of the bike, as you say strokers like tonnes of duration and I don't think mine has enough of it with the current cams cheers