Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Why in the &%$#@! is guy on there?

Kevin Chad and Guy?

Volume off, pist a bit

with this shit.

Totally agree. That guy is a douche.....

Let's get Guy's opinion.....umm no lets not. 

• Like 1

that was a bit disappointing. 

Call me late to the party but I have no idea what you are talking about.

guy fieri was giving color commentary on the race.

I guess Monster truck and NASCAR fans like his food.

Maybe RC wants Guy to cook him a meal?

Fox doesn't think racing, Emig, KW, Chad Reed, and Monster girls is enough.

I would like to see him replace Ralph. I thought he did alright.

• Like 1

I thought he made Ralph look better. But what is next? They really could have picked a better guest .

He wasnt that bad , remember Rutledge wood ? That guy is a friggin tool

• Like 1

Marketing. Lots of other sports do this, from baseball to mma to olympics to extermes to football.

If you only reach out to the core fans all you will have is core fans and no growth... Sound familiar?  Not saying Guy F. is the best choice but it is still better than Brett f'ing Michaels IMHO!!! :lol:

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 2

I thought it was stupid at first, but he wasn't bad. His son and him ride dirt bikes. Wouldn't mind if he did more.

• Like 1

.Guy Fiere did alright, just as good as Shaheen. Difference is this is not Guy's line of work and we all know that. He was there cause he is doing some catering for everyone and I think the banquet too. And like said above, how many otherwise non-MESX folks probably tuned in to see their favorite cooking show host?

Heck, listening to him put Ralph in his place was enough for me to want him to return. "Alright, that's enough of that!" LOL.

• Like 1

Hey, Fabio rides too.

Joey from friends!

Just because you ride dirt bikes and have been on camera

is not a reason to be a narrator.  I'd rather seen Wiegant 

or a Hannah RJ type.

They already have your ass in the seat so no real need to do that. These non-in-sport folks are "guests" and can be ambassadors for the sport in their domains especially if they are riders themselves. If Fabio or Joey puts a few more asses in the seats what the hell --can't be any worse than over-the-hill Brett. :facepalm:

I agree with you that it is not my favorite part of watching either, but this stuff has to be done or the sport will continue to shrink. Guy F. is from southern Cal. the heartland of dirt riding, his shows reach folks from all sorts of persuasions, and he is generally well liked with pretty high tv ratings. Pretty good marketing move with relatively low effort IMO. 

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 1

Thanks for the Bret Michaels reminder of the SX low.

Yes, you're bald, get over it or go to the hair club for men.

Can they get a guest with normal hair?

They already have your ass in the seat so no real need to do that. These non-in-sport folks are "guests" and can be ambassadors for the sport in their domains especially if they are riders themselves. If Fabio or Joey puts a few more asses in the seats what the hell --can't be any worse than over-the-hill Brett. :facepalm:

I agree with you that it is not my favorite part of watching either, but this stuff has to be done or the sport will continue to shrink. Guy F. is from southern Cal. the heartland of dirt riding, his shows reach folks from all sorts of persuasions, and he is generally well liked with pretty high tv ratings. Pretty good marketing move with relatively low effort IMO. 

Number one he is from Nor Cal, Santa Rosa is his home.

Not the heart of Dirt Bike Fence Build. 

Put Jimmy Johnson whom is a dirt bike fan with a huge 

race fan base and see what happens.  I see your argument as a reach.

• Like 2

My sympathy is reserved for Kevin and Chad.

That was pitiful.  Thankfully I could fast forward when necessary 

They made mention of Carmichael being sick.  Was Guy a last minute fill in for him or planned commentator all along?

Do you guys have any idea how many people watch his Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives show?   This has far reaching possibilities. I really don't think he did that bad. 

I did notice Ralphy boy cut him off a couple of times and not allow him to speak.  Perhaps Ralphy is feeling the heat already? 

• Like 3

Number one he is from Nor Cal, Santa Rosa is his home.

Not the heart of Dirt Bike Fence Build. 

Put Jimmy Johnson whom is a dirt bike fan with a huge 

race fan base and see what happens.  I see your argument as a reach.

Oh yea Nor Cal but originally from Columbus Ohio but still you miss the point. Jimmy Johnson?? Look at Fryboy's post above. You and I and Jimmy Johnson are already in the choir. I see your argument as having no reach at all and that is --and has been-- the problem with the sport IMHO.