Sign in to follow this  

Any racing near Savannah, Ga /Hilton Head, SC?

I am very, very new to riding and am not looking to participate quite yet.  However, I am having trouble finding any races in my area (Savannah/Hilton Head).

I have a dual sport crf250L so I am looking for any races that are semi-close for me to ride out and watch.  If anyone knows of any, or knows of a better way to search for some I would be greatly appreciative!! I am interested in any races at this point.  Even 4 wheeled races would be neat to ride out to.

Thanks so much!  I am actually looking to ride to one today if there are any around. :ride:

I live in Savannah.  I don't race just ride trails for fun but a guy I ride with talks about doing harescrambles all the time.  Not sure where he goes.  Ill ask him next time I talk to him.

As far as places to ride there is Big Nasty in Pooler, Ga and Live Oak in Daisy, Ga.  Both have tracks and trails.  Daisy's trails are marked out and more technical while Big Nasty is more like a giant hunting club you ride around on.

I live in Savannah.  I don't race just ride trails for fun but a guy I ride with talks about doing harescrambles all the time.  Not sure where he goes.  Ill ask him next time I talk to him.

As far as places to ride there is Big Nasty in Pooler, Ga and Live Oak in Daisy, Ga.  Both have tracks and trails.  Daisy's trails are marked out and more technical while Big Nasty is more like a giant hunting club you ride around on.

Thanks!  I have been wanting to check out big nasty but with all the rain we got last week I was gonna wait till next weekend for some of the slop to dry up

any free trails or dirt riding on my side of Savannah that you know of?

Yeah Big Nasty holds water like a sponge.  If it doesn't rain any this week it should be good for the weekend.

I used to dual sport savannah.  You can find some areas that have a few dirt roads but not much.  If you ride out to richmond hill there are lots of dirt roads you can ride on but if your not familiar with the area it would be hard for me to tell you how to get there.