Sign in to follow this  

Klx110 clutch bolts? HELP

I have a 2012 klx110 and I bought a tb manual clutch kit and was installing it yesterday. The directions sucked and didn't really specify what to do so I took off the bolts where the clutch springs by accident. I figured out what to actaully do so now everything is correct other than the tightness of the clutch. I didn't pay attention the first time to it so when imout it back togeather I pulled in the clutch and shifted up and it stalled. After trail and error it's either too lose and dosent grab or too tight and stalls. I got it correct 1 time and it was working but the bolts vibrated loose or something because it started to slip to the point where it wouldn't go any where.

I Tryed looking up how much pressure to put on them to get it tight and it said 30lbs per foot. This snapped the first bolt I Tryed to tighten it that much.

HELP

I have a 2012 klx110 and I bought a tb manual clutch kit and was installing it yesterday. The directions sucked and didn't really specify what to do so I took off the bolts where the clutch springs by accident. I figured out what to actaully do so now everything is correct other than the tightness of the clutch. I didn't pay attention the first time to it so when imout it back togeather I pulled in the clutch and shifted up and it stalled. After trail and error it's either too lose and dosent grab or too tight and stalls. I got it correct 1 time and it was working but the bolts vibrated loose or something because it started to slip to the point where it wouldn't go any where.

I Tryed looking up how much pressure to put on them to get it tight and it said 30lbs per foot. This snapped the first bolt I Tryed to tighten it that much.

HELP

You did not read it correctly. Its 30 Inch lbs. Way different then 30 ft lbs.

kx110 clutch.png

torque specs.png

You did not read it correctly. Its 30 Inch lbs. Way different then 30 ft lbs.

thankyou soooooo much, I've been trying to fix this for a week