Sign in to follow this  

Opinion on Wrist support/brace needed.

My boy came home the other day with a wrist support he borrowed from a riding buddy at school and asked if I would get him a pair. We woods ride and I know there is a good chance of a wrist injury. I have never worn a wrist support or wrist brace so whats every ones opinion on them. I was just looking at the EVS web page and i see they have 3 different models. Thanks all in advance.

http://evs-sports.com/index.php/moto/support-belts.html

He liked wearing them? 

I have only heard of people wearing them who already had wrist injuries.  I use to wear them for things like inline skating and I wrap my wrist for boxing but I like having movement in my wrist while riding.

• Like 1

He liked wearing them? 

I have only heard of people wearing them who already had wrist injuries.  I use to wear them for things like inline skating and I wrap my wrist for boxing but I like having movement in my wrist while riding.

I dont know if my boys buddy liked them or not. Like I said I have never wore them but I can see a safety advantage with them on. But like you mentioned its going to restrict movement especial on the throttle side and I am not sure I want to spend the cash on them to be worn once and then be thrown in the closet forever.

I dont know if my boys buddy liked them or not. Like I said I have never wore them but I can see a safety advantage with them on. But like you mentioned its going to restrict movement especial on the throttle side and I am not sure I want to spend the cash on them to be worn once and then be thrown in the closet forever.

it really is just a matter of preference. but wrist support is finicky. if you have been injured i can see it, or just paranoid one.

it will restrict you upon belief until you get used to it i guess. but if he is not injured and does not have a "reason" besides safety.... then he will most likely let them collect dust in the bag.

maybe he can try and wear his buddies for a few long rides and see how he likes it. then go from there.'

invest in knee pads or braces.

it really is just a matter of preference. but wrist support is finicky. if you have been injured i can see it, or just paranoid one.

it will restrict you upon belief until you get used to it i guess. but if he is not injured and does not have a "reason" besides safety.... then he will most likely let them collect dust in the bag.

maybe he can try and wear his buddies for a few long rides and see how he likes it. then go from there.'

invest in knee pads or braces.

Thanks. I agree in investing in knee protection. I have banged my knee's on a few small rocks and Dang does that hurt.  I will see if he can borrow his buddy's and rip around the house/woods for a hour or two. He may have a different opinion after that.

Thanks. I agree in investing in knee protection. I have banged my knee's on a few small rocks and Dang does that hurt.  I will see if he can borrow his buddy's and rip around the house/woods for a hour or two. He may have a different opinion after that.

well the knee "braces" are like padding and help with hyper extension " Stick your leg out for a turn and rip it back sideways etc"

pads definitely help as well for a little more support and banging

and as well they both help with knee grip to your shrouds.

an hour or two would be great for him to feel the difference, and riding at his same speed abilities etc. that will definitely help. knee pads or braces for sure.

well the knee "braces" are like padding and help with hyper extension " Stick your leg out for a turn and rip it back sideways etc"

pads definitely help as well for a little more support and banging

and as well they both help with knee grip to your shrouds.

an hour or two would be great for him to feel the difference, and riding at his same speed abilities etc. that will definitely help. knee pads or braces for sure.

Thanks again for the info. I dont believe in sticking your foot out for a corner when woods riding. I taught my boy only to stick his foot down when he has to. I have seen way to many injury's in the woods that way. We have 4.8 acres here with 3.5 acres of woods. We have a pretty good track set up with a water crossing,Cement tube crossing, tight woods with logs and big bumps, Thickets, and a section of fast where you can get into 4th gear. Its a pretty good practice track for single track riding. I just need to bring in about 10 yards of sugar sand to through a better mix into the track.

Edited by Zrt1200

My friend caught his leg on a tree while woods riding.  It was a tricky section and he put his foot down at the wrong time and tweaked his knee pretty bad.