Sign in to follow this  

Good Boots for the Trail

Hello,

I am still newbie. 

The riding I will be doing is trails, no jumping or motorcross on the track. Just simple riding on a trail or a beginner track to learn fundamentals or around the house.

I want to know the best boots I can buy for comfort, protection of my foot, ankle, toes, leg, etc. I value my time at work and my body parts. This is just a new fun hobby, I want to be very safe. 

So recommend me the best boots please for what I would like to do and want to protect. From my research Gaerne SG-12 Boots offer the best protection. I just want to know if this for trail as well.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Sidi chargers are great boots too. Similar to the top of the line Crossfires, but about $100 less.

2012 WR450 - Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

• Like 1

I have a simlar dilemma, too many choices and no recent experience. After just puttin' around the farm on various junk I'm now on a xr250, running the gravel/dirt roads and NFS roads and trails in my area. So now I need more foot and ankle protection, but don't want to spend more than necessary.

tia

Sidi chargers are great boots too. Similar to the top of the line Crossfires, but about $100 less.

2012 WR450 - Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Its kind of tuff to know what to buy. 

I was thinking Alpinestars Tech 3 or 8

I have a simlar dilemma, too many choices and no recent experience. After just puttin' around the farm on various junk I'm now on a xr250, running the gravel/dirt roads and NFS roads and trails in my area. So now I need more foot and ankle protection, but don't want to spend more than necessary.

tia

Its very tuff decision. Its been 3 hours so far of searching. I simply want good foot/ankle/toe protection while trail riding. I don't understand why they don't have a boot just for this. 

I have used the following boots and rate them in this order

SG 10

Tech 8

Tcx

Motocross boots and offroad boots are the same boots as far as I am concerned. Protect against the same things. I am currently using alpinestar tech 7's. They are super comfortable and were fairly reasonable on the wallet. My only complaint is they are vented and my feet are wet after the first time they get splashed. My buddy swears by his Sidi discovery boots for comfort and water resistance (big plus here in the northwets). Had some Garne sg-10 in the early 2000's. They were good but I wore them out fairly quickly.

Edited by Fat Tony

Hello,

I am still newbie. 

The riding I will be doing is trails, no jumping or motorcross on the track. Just simple riding on a trail or a beginner track to learn fundamentals or around the house.

I want to know the best boots I can buy for comfort, protection of my foot, ankle, toes, leg, etc. I value my time at work and my body parts. This is just a new fun hobby, I want to be very safe. 

So recommend me the best boots please for what I would like to do and want to protect. From my research Gaerne SG-12 Boots offer the best protection. I just want to know if this for trail as well.

Thanks,

any boot with a pivoting ankle system is good. the sg 12 are wonderful. get them a half size down. push your foot in and it is snug but really comfy.

cant go wrong with them and they will save that ankle by far the best

Thanks all. 

Went to the store and decided to order http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1546/17017/Alpinestars-Tech-3-AT-Boots. They have ankle pivot and price is within reason. I could have chose http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Off-Road/Boots/Full-Length/brand/GAERNE/GX-1-Off-Road-Motorcycle-Boots/p/41192_59409_8 as well. Couldn't make decision. I would love the Tech 10.

honestly you were better with the g x 1 but you did NOT  make a bad decision. gratz.

happy riding

Yes, good choice. Those or even the cheaper Thor Ratchet should work for me.

enjoy

Thanks all.

Went to the store and decided to order http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1546/17017/Alpinestars-Tech-3-AT-Boots. They have ankle pivot and price is within reason. I could have chose http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Off-Road/Boots/Full-Length/brand/GAERNE/GX-1-Off-Road-Motorcycle-Boots/p/41192_59409_8 as well. Couldn't make decision. I would love the Tech 10.

the tech threes are great boot but after about a year or two they are wore out. I now own the the 2014 tech 10s and they are amazing slapped a tree so hard that i bent the foot peg but my foot was perfectly fine. Overall if you think about how much are your feet/ankles worth to you?

Get yourself a pair of these.  Might be a little hard to find, but I can tell you they're made by Malcolm Smith Products and last more than 30 years.  Best bang for your buck.  :lol::devil:

post-372598-0-71412500-1399083521.jpg