Yz125 clutch is loose?

just bought my bike, and i havnt had it started yet as i am waiting on my new cylinder. But i noticed my clutch cable was very sloppy and loose, also burnt from the exhaust. So i went and bought a new one and installed it. 

The sloppyness is still there? When you pull the lever in, it's very easy (no spring tension). So when i look down at the clutch shaft? where the cable hooks on, it pulls the arm as it should, but it doesnt return well. You almost have to self return the lever. 

If i just replace the little spring on the clutch arm, will this solve the problem? Or may i be looking at a whole new issue? 

I have yet to get the clutch cover off, as i just put brand new gear oil in, so i was hoping to leave it until i get the bike started up first. 

Any help is appreciated. 

so i just got in from the garage. I pulled the clutch cover, and clutch springs, pushrod, and all the discs. Everythings looks mint. No grooves in the basket, discs are in great shape, and the springs looks new. 

Put it all back together, same thing. Super loose feeling lever...

• 9 years later...
30 minutes ago, Blake Kelley said:

Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issue now

Not going to get an answer from the OP, this discussion thread is 9 years old and

according to his profile purcell1 hasn't logged in the forums since April of 2020.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1