Sign in to follow this  

Resale values for different brands

I know that Hondas have the highest resale value out of the 5 brands but what about the rest of them? I'm really curious. Anyone know anything about this? Have a hard time selling a good bike?

Yes, i have a perfect condition rm85 on craigslist for 1000, i don't think it's high at all...... yet every week all i get is some guy with a bitch attitude offering me 500-750. Then one i shot their offer down their attitude changes and they get nice.....Good i hate craigslist

So Suzuki isn't getting much nowadays lol

• Like 1

Yes, i have a perfect condition rm85 on craigslist for 1000, i don't think it's high at all...... yet every week all i get is some guy with a bitch attitude offering me 500-750. Then one i shot their offer down their attitude changes and they get nice.....Good i hate craigslist

Give you 775.00  :lol:

• Like 2

Give you 775.00 :lol:

So you have cash in hand and can be here tomorrow!?!?!!! :huh:

Seriously, i don't even want money, it says trade for 125 or 1000 cash. And still just get low balls

Edited by zotis777
  • Like 1

So you have cash in hand and can be here tomorrow!?!?!!! :huh:

Seriously, i don't even want money, it says trade for 125 or 1000 cash. And still just get low balls

I would love to but i can't swing it right now, but have been looking for an 80 cc or so 2 stroke for my niece thats 14 she's always rode three wheelers and quads but like to get her a bike to ride the main loop with us at our local trails. Her dad keeps buying those cheap chinese quads that tear up in like a week  :lol:

• Like 1

What year? Kids bikes aren't a hot commodity. They are hard to sell.

What year? Kids bikes aren't a hot commodity. They are hard to sell.

i know the kids bikes are harder, and its an 02. But im right near rhode island, its a really poverty striken stte and te full grown ghetto guys love to buy up 85s to rip down the street, suprised i havent got any of them haha

• Like 1

I know that Hondas have the highest resale value out of the 5 brands but what about the rest of them?

You're joking right?

Now that is some funny sh!t!

• Like 1

You're joking right?

Now that is some funny sh!t!

Wait, am I on Thumper talk or Generator World?

• Like 2

Wait, am I on Thumper talk or Generator World?

Looks like you guys beat me to the ghetto wheelie videos. Those dudes will ride those 80s haha

I know there is a lot of honda hate on here but it's true. When I sold my honda I got asking price the day the ad went up. The guy wanted to buy it before I could even get home. After that a whole bunch of people called me about it in the days following. I'm not really sure why honda retains their retail value so well but it's a fact of life. Kawasakis and suzukis don't do well on resale around here especially the kawasakis. There's some kind of weird thing with the kaw dealers around here and they sell them real cheap so I think people go for the new ones instead of buying new.

• Like 1

Looks like you guys beat me to the ghetto wheelie videos. Those dudes will ride those 80s haha

I know there is a lot of honda hate on here but it's true. When I sold my honda I got asking price the day the ad went up. The guy wanted to buy it before I could even get home. After that a whole bunch of people called me about it in the days following. I'm not really sure why honda retains their retail value so well but it's a fact of life. Kawasakis and suzukis don't do well on resale around here especially the kawasakis. There's some kind of weird thing with the kaw dealers around here and they sell them real cheap so I think people go for the new ones instead of buying new.

Definitely no Honda hate here. I love all dirt bikes, and happen to have just finished a build on a cr-125. There's also two Kawi's and a KTM in my garage.

Your bike sold quickly because it was priced fairly. You may have done just as well had you been selling another brand.

Can't speak for other areas, but around here it's no contest....KTM's sell for more than equivalent Japanese, but bear in mind they also have higher initial cost. Also, among the Japanese brands I see no difference in resale value. However yamaha's seem most popular....

In the end I think the condition of the bike will dictate it's resale more so than it's make....

• Like 1

Lol, around here, 06-07 Hondas 450's are $2000.00 most supposedly freshly rebuilt overbore kits yadayada!

Kawi almost nonexistent.

Yamaha yz & wr's $1200-1500.00 most need overhauled.

06-08 KTM $4000.- $6000.00 most are solid.

2000-05's $2000.-4500.

Suzuki 250's $1200-1500.

04-07 don't see many rmz450's.

Cr500's $3000-6000

Don't matter the year.

Edited by ridngslikecrack

Lol, around here, 06-07 Hondas 450's are $2000.00 most supposedly freshly rebuilt overbore kits yadayada!

Kawi almost nonexistent.

Yamaha yz & wr's $1200-1500.00 most need overhauled.

06-08 KTM $4000.- $6000.00 most are solid.

2000-05's $2000.-4500.

Suzuki 250's $1200-1500.

04-07 don't see many rmz450's.

Cr500's $3000-6000

Don't matter the year.

That's ridiculous for a 500, they're like 800(blown)-2400 in alright condition

Total myth…..  Just about all sellers ask way more than its worth.  If some newbie comes along with magazine dreams in his eyes, let him have it.  Otherwise wait a few weeks and take cash…..

That's ridiculous for a 500, they're like 800(blown)-2400 in alright condition

well rednecks like to die on 500's around here. Lol
  • Like 2