Sign in to follow this  

Another pig crash. Now its idling very eratic?

Out on another tear today. Was flying down a narrow road and hit some soft muddy sand in 3rd gear. kicked the bike sideways, didnt have time to brake or manouver. Slid me right into a good size boulder head on. Me and the pig go down again. :facepalm: The mirror got bent, shift lever, vapor's bracket got ripped off the bar, front head light assembly got bad rash and the key got bent in the ignition. My knees got scrapped. All in all i escaped serious injury again. Started the pig up and it was revving about 2k idling and missing. I checked the throttle cable for kinks ect and all was good. Got it home, took the tank off for a closer look. Checked the carb over for vacume leaks, blockages...nothing. turned the idle screw to bring the revs down. Now its idling lower but still has a bad miss. Rev it up and its fine. Only acting up while idling. Anyone have any ideas. The bike went down on the gear shift leaver side.
Thanks

carb might be popped p[artway out of one of its boots. It can be hard to see.

The choke cable got out of whack from the fall. Its all good now. Bent the bars and shift lever back and put the vapor back on the bars with twist ties...lol. Bike sems to be fine. The front headlight plastic, front fender and tank has some new road rash. Im amazed the front rim didnt get bent! The pig is one tough bike. Thanks for the response Dave.

Might be time for a front end up upgrade with stabiliser : )

Perhaps. I think its time to stop running flat out whenever the opportunity presents itself.  I need to slow down a little and enjoy the scenery. The problem is i like the adreneline rush. I have also been a thrill seeker.  I always ran hard on the streets with crotch rockets. I switched over to riding offroad to protect my drivers license. No cops to worry about in the woods,just a lot of unforgiving obstacles when your right hand gets too over zelous, and maybe feeling a little over confident. Its all good in the end. I didnt get hurt bad and was able to ride the pig home yet again.