Sign in to follow this  

Protecting trails from wide UTVs

A lot of my favorite trails are being tromped out and turned in to basically jeep roads by the wide UTVs.  Has anyone witnessed any vehicle width enforcement or turned anyone in for an illegal vehicle and seen it go anywhere?  I'm worried they'll just close the trails down rather than try to enforce the width limits because it's easier to do.  

• Like 2

A lot of my favorite trails are being tromped out and turned in to basically jeep roads by the wide UTVs.  Has anyone witnessed any vehicle width enforcement or turned anyone in for an illegal vehicle and seen it go anywhere?  I'm worried they'll just close the trails down rather than try to enforce the width limits because it's easier to do.  

go buy 1000 nails

dump them all over the outside of the single track "trail itself"

and laugh your ass off.

cant stand a mother &%$#@!er that ruins my single track

that would be pretty mean though hahaha

fall trees and cut them footpeg width only. only clear windfall to same dimension. install steel posts with concrete at entrance/exit points or conceal said points and the first 500' of trail if you can. create multiple entrance/exit points to spread out the wear so they can't find them from the gravel roads. 

• Like 3