Sign in to follow this  

DRZ Fairing

Here is my most recent DRZ incarnation.  The electrics are rung out.  I need to finish assembly clean up and do a torque check.

image_zps8ff3aaf8.jpg

image_zps45e5c425.jpg

image_zpsb3f3f70d.jpg

image_zps24785a6d.jpg

image_zps715af912.jpg

image_zps513ba93a.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice Al. How is is on the highway. Does it shield you well...????

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Erling

Haven't done a shakedown yet first time back together! I'll let you know.

What material did you use to make the fairing?  Are you running 2 batteries?   Do you have a side pic?  Sorry for all the questions.

The fairing and structure are all carbon fiber. The outer layer is a carbon Kevlar weave with the Kevlar dyed blue.

It is marginally higher than stock but not much. The visibility is only an issue running single track. But this thing is a beast so single track is not its forte, certainly not with me on it.

Among other mods it has the oversized battery. Mainly as it is a BB stroker so the extra juice is nice. Even with the heated grips on high it doesn't suck much juice running less than stock. All LED with free power mod.

I like the looks, but uhh cant see through it for how high it is.  Unless you are really tall. still :thumbsup:

look farther ahead, you're almost staring at your tire if a fairing is issue at speeds over 15 mph. 

I like it, let us know how it does with buffetting and where does the clean air hit your chest/shoulders/etc ? 

keep on with the awesome planedr ! 

They are ADVmonster lights. 1 model 30 1 model 60 with the adv controller. I've had good luck with his lights, I have model 10's on the GS.

I have alway considered the Britania fairings butt ugly. The newer version isn't so bad but not for me.

The space at the top of the dash is for a ram ball mount allowing for GPS or phone or both. I also have a 12/5v power combo to install.

I did another run through on it yesterday I may ride it today or tomorrow. I redid/changed a lot of detail all over the bike this time. So just a few more things to check then ill ride it. I'll be interested in how the aero works out. I also have an adjustable windshield designed for it as well. I may or may not do it. Life got in the way I had planned for this to be done a month ago.

Edited by Plane Dr

They are ADVmonster lights. 1 model 30 1 model 60 with the adv controller. I've had good luck with his lights, I have model 10's on the GS.

I have alway considered the Britania fairings butt ugly. The newer version isn't so bad but not for me.

The space at the top of the dash is for a ram ball mount allowing for GPS or phone or both. I also have a 12/5v power combo to install.

I did another run through on it yesterday I may ride it today or tomorrow. I redid/changed a lot of detail all over the bike this time. So just a few more things to check then ill ride it. I'll be interested in how the aero works out. I also have an adjustable windshield designed for it as well. I may or may not do it. Life got in the way I had planned for this to be done a month ago.

I have the same lights and they are amazing especially with the controller do you have the rotary or wireless???

It had to grow on me a bit but, yeah, that's actually a pretty cool fairing. :thumbsup: 

Think you can get a shot from the side of the whole bike so we can get a clue how tall it is? Looking really good though!

Here is a straight on side shot. It was an S model and it has 1 in risers.

I used the rotary dimmer to by the way. I took it around the block I think it may go to work tomorrow.

image_zps2ee49f5b.jpg

Edited by Plane Dr
  • Like 3

It looks awesome from the side, good from the front, not bad in 3/4 and not great from the cockpit. Looks functional as all hell and you get those custom CF bling points. I wouldn't kick it off of my bike.

So did a test ride to work today.  Airflow is very smooth minimal turbulence.  At 75 the cut off is around the bottom of the helmet .  My upper body is well sheilded it seems to punch a hole just about right.  I ran it up to just over 90 and it is really nice there, without the shroud wings it seems much better to accelerate.  I am definitely happy with this one.

• Like 1

So did a test ride to work today.  Airflow is very smooth minimal turbulence.  At 75 the cut off is around the bottom of the helmet .  My upper body is well sheilded it seems to punch a hole just about right.  I ran it up to just over 90 and it is really nice there, without the shroud wings it seems much better to accelerate.  I am definitely happy with this one.

cool ! great job man ! can we have some more up close pictures to show how you fastened yours to the bars etc ? 

thanks !