Sign in to follow this  

Used yz250f

I've been looking around for a 250f and according to TT yamaha is the way to go, im just wondering if there are any years in specific i should try to avoid, my budget is around $3500 so obviously i wont be getting something brand new i just dont want a bike that has a lot of known issues

All years are very dependable for a 4T compared to other brands

Buy the lowest hour, newest bike you can afford.

$3800 around here should get you a '10 model or newer.

All years are very dependable for a 4T compared to other brands

Buy the lowest hour, newest bike you can afford.

$3800 around here should get you a '10 model or newer.

Haha i'd love to get a 2010 for $3800, around here a 2010 would be closer to $4300...

I have the 2007 yz250f, which was the first year with the aluminum frame. I would suggest an 07-09, as that would be around 2400-3400. I love my bike and put it through a beating, and still never had to rebuild motor. Just new plug every so often and maintenance on the typical drive train (chains, sprockets, chain guides, ect) and maintenance on the bike it's self you'll be golden. Keep that dirt in the filter don't let it sneak by. I wouldn't go past 2007 as the 2006 steel frame was a little heavier and not as easy to flip around.

Good luck bud! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399485370.708104.jpg

{Only The Best}

Haha i'd love to get a 2010 for $3800, around here a 2010 would be closer to $4300...

I just bought a 10 today with stock front tire and stock grips still on it for $2800.

I just bought a 10 today with stock front tire and stock grips still on it for $2800.

then you got a hell of a deal